Lumia 640 about as good as an 810 replacement as any?

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 810 almost two years ago. Initially, I hated it. With updates and 8.1, loved it.

I made a disastrous foray into the land of the 925 so that I could have Wifi Calling, mostly. Literally hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours of my time wasted. And in the end, back to my 810. To this day, the only thing I feel I lack is that WFC. I've set myself up on a SIP/voip system so that in worst case situations, I have an option.

The 640 seems to be a good replacement option. A bit larger screen, the same removable battery and SD card of the 810, decent camera with flash. WFC, of course if you get the TM branded version. No Visual Voicemail, I hear.

One of the things that SO impressed me with the 810 was it's very excellent connectibility. I live in a sort of fringe-ish area, and some phones aren't the best. The 810 remains the top of the heap. That the 925's were the exact opposite has caused me much grief.

Anyway, what say y'all?

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 810 almost two years ago. Initially, I hated it. With updates and 8.1, loved it.

I made a disastrous foray into the land of the 925 so that I could have Wifi Calling, mostly. Literally hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours of my time wasted. And in the end, back to my 810. To this day, the only thing I feel I lack is that WFC. I've set myself up on a SIP/voip system so that in worst case situations, I have an option.

The 640 seems to be a good replacement option. A bit larger screen, the same removable battery and SD card of the 810, decent camera with flash. WFC, of course if you get the TM branded version. No Visual Voicemail, I hear.

One of the things that SO impressed me with the 810 was it's very excellent connectibility. I live in a sort of fringe-ish area, and some phones aren't the best. The 810 remains the top of the heap. That the 925's were the exact opposite has caused me much grief.

Anyway, what say y'all?

Jeez, what a an uncaught typo. Meant the 640.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
You'll be getting updates and support again, and the way the 810 was abandoned and left in the dust, and how the 640 is on par along while also having some better specs here and there I would say yes

Kurt Bucy

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I No Visual Voicemail, I hear.

I switched from the 810 to the 640 and love it, and it DOES have visual voicemail. Works great. Its basically an 810 with an upgraded processor ,slightly larger screen, better battery life, for 1/4th the price. Only lacking a dedicated camera button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs