Anyone in UK got an L820 yet?

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Pre ordered my 820 from CPW when it was first up fir pre order and still waiting. Anyone actually got this handset in the UK yet?

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I've never been involved in such a farce in the release if a phone that was announced months ago and I've got through some phones in my time.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
It is definitely something that Nokia needs to drastically improve on in the future.

Hopefully it's not much longer now.

I'm quite a patient soul, been through all the delays BlackBerry had!

Oseph

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My Mother got one of these today, from Phones4u, from the sounds of it they had just received one today, it hasn't appeared on a lot of the networks' sign up systems so they weren't able to sell it through anyone but Vodafone.

They only had black too - figured it could be changed later...

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I see red and white versions are now showing on the website too. However they are not stating the L820 is a pre order and indeed take full payment. Bit cheeky!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I could have walked out of the T-Mobile store with an 820 yesterday if I wanted to. I decided against it as it was going to push my monthly bill up by ?11/mth! ?11/mth plus a carrier change... just for the Lumia 820... Going to think about it for a while and see how things pan out... I'll see what luck I have with CPW on Three.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Seems that some places are getting stock, so where's my email or text from CPW?? Soon I expect.

3 uk hasn't said a word about stocking the 820. Odd.

bobo616

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I am also waiting for an email from CPW and I spoke to somebody today from there and they said I wouldnt get it until Monday - Wednesday next week >:-(

I went into phones4U today and they had them in stock and I could have bought one there and then for ?20 cheaper than CPW but I dont think you get the charging plate but I am waiting for my delivery as if I dont like it I can send it back but you cant do this in CPW store and no chance of doing this at phones4U.

The phone was really good in phones4U and the screen looked better than the 8X when compared side by side and definitely nothing to worry about as this was my main concern.

The CPW store said they expect them in stock on Friday but confirmed I couldnt take it back if I dont like it so I guess I will have to wait although after my journey to phones4U I am sure I wont be taking it back.:)

Roll on next week.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
If you buy a phone online from CPW it can only be returned via online procedure. Silly really.

Mine is being delivered to the store . I did this as most likely no one would be at home when it was delivered.

I suspect all deliveries first go to their warehouse and are then distributed/posted to stores/preorder customers. I don't see why mine cannot be included in the first shipment to my store.

Surely they can manage that in 2012?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
3 uk hasn't said a word about stocking the 820. Odd.

The tone 3 are using with me are "We'll get it when we get it"... well then, I might just take my money elsewhere... T-Mo are offering me an unlimited data package (minus tethering) that is admittedly ?11/mth more expensive, but I could walk out with a Lumia 820 there and then.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been in a local Carphone Warehouse today and the working 820 was on display and the reps were trying to sell it quite heavily and seemed to be doing a fairly good job of it too. I'm after a 920 so I wasn't paying too much attention but I got the impression you could walk out with one today if you wanted it.

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I went in both my local P4U and CPW lunchtime to at least see a live one to play with, P4U only had a dummy on display with "Coming Soon" below it and CPW had nothing at all!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been in a local Carphone Warehouse today and the working 820 was on display and the reps were trying to sell it quite heavily and seemed to be doing a fairly good job of it too. I'm after a 920 so I wasn't paying too much attention but I got the impression you could walk out with one today if you wanted it.

That's wicked, can you get it on T-Mobile?

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Just called CPW to chase my order, they said stock is expected Friday and should be delivered by the beginning of next week. Lets see .......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05