Where are all these back plates?

Anonymous7532479

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking all over the net for the interchangeable back plates for the 820/822 (you know - the different colors, the ruggedized, the wireless charging one.

Are they not for sale yet? Just been looking out of curiosity, but I can't find them for sale anywhere.

-mcskipp

tlegend2012

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking all over the net for the interchangeable back plates for the 820/822 (you know - the different colors, the ruggedized, the wireless charging one.

Are they not for sale yet? Just been looking out of curiosity, but I can't find them for sale anywhere.

-mcskipp
You mean shells?

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
So am I right in thinking that it will cost about $75-$100 to upgrade the 822 to wireless charging? The compatible back plate/battery cover should cost somewhere between $25-$50 and the Wireless charger is going for $50 on Verizon's site.

That's a bit heavy handed on the pricing in my opinion.

I'm not sure coughing up and another hundy for wireless charging is really worth it.

What does everyone else think?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So am I right in thinking that it will cost about $75-$100 to upgrade the 822 to wireless charging? The compatible back plate/battery cover should cost somewhere between $25-$50 and the Wireless charger is going for $50 on Verizon's site.

I'm not sure coughing up and another hundy for wireless charging is really worth it.

I agree, not worth it. It's not hard to plug a phone in. The wireless charging was just kind of a cool thing to show off but I really don't care if I have it.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Shells most likely next month..

Still would buy one even if I did not have a wireless charger.

But Wireless chargers are expensive. But way cool tech to have. Perhaps after the new year the price's will drop on the plate or pillow.

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
it comes with a wireless charging back from verizon, my brother just bought his, it is there...so all you need is a wireless charger (35 bucks?)

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

See my statement below.

it comes with a wireless charging back from verizon, my brother just bought his, it is there...so all you need is a wireless charger (35 bucks?)

Madisonjar, you are correct. I just went to my local Verizon store on my break and checked out the 822 (BTW looks way better in person than the pics we've all seen online and more slim too). I talked to the rep about the wireless charging feature and he didn't know either. So, we took the battery door/back plate off of the floor model and behold, there were contact pins attached to the back plate coming from where a large, slightly raised black square area of it. So actually all you need to make the wireless charging work is the wireless charging plate! :cool:

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen this mentioned in discussions about the cases so I will mention it here. Today I was in a Nokia corporate store today just nosing around, I had no intention of buying ANYTHING! Yeah right! They had the Nokia charging plates, Nokia charging backs, and this Fat Pillow thing(think charging plate inside a pillow). I bought a yellow back for my 820 and noticed two things: it was matte finish AND(more importantly) the area where the camera is(bezel/lens) was raised and not flush like the non-charging back. This, to me, was a seller as it reducing scratch damage and impact damage to both the bezel and lens. I would say this area is raised 1mm or so.

Ryan Nichol

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I cant find anything at all about the Rugged back plates for the lumia 820 really would like the orange one anyone found any even if theyre preorders

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)