Verizon Users....How Are You Getting The 822??

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Just a question for those in a similiar situation as me im on a grandfathered unlimited data plan one line only, im not eligible for upgrade til jan 26th, and i cant upgrade if i want to keep my data unlimited...

so at this point my only options i would guess are to either Add a line and get the 822 ...(would that effect my primary line unlimited data??) but then i'd have 2 phone lines for no reason basically ...

or pay full retail which is $449....

my trophy is pretty much dying before me battery wont hold a charge long enough to use over 30 mins, cant get it to connect to zune anymore to add music or anything, doesnt even switch to portrait/landscape mode anymore when im in the browser...so id probably need to do something within the next few months im kinda leaning towards going full retail when i get the extra cash to do so..

but im jus curious as to how are u guys going about getting a 822? i wonder if asurion runs out of replacement phones whats the next phone they offer you? i went from a touch pro 1 to a touch pro 2 that way before.

winger46146#WP

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My upgrade isn't till Jan 26 as well. I ended up paying full retail to keep my unlimited data plan. I don't even use that much data its just I would end up paying more for cap data. I'm also not sure if I will stay with Verizon, another reason why I paid full retail. My two years are up in May. With the 822 being a global phone I might switch to straight talk. I also have an idea of just going Wi-Fi only with Skype as I work from home and I'm on Wi-Fi about 95% of the time.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the Trophy, hopped on it the day it was available on Verizon, so I'm not eligible for an upgrade either, until February 2.

However, I'm fortunate in that I share a plan with my parents. My dad has been eligible for an upgrade since Sept. 2011. So I'm transferring his upgrade.

I'm going to go preorder mine from Costco today. They have the grey for $49.99, estimated ship date of 11/19. I'm okay with waiting a few extra days to save $50 so I can justify getting the wireless charging back plate and pad if I choose to.

By the way, what the heck is wrong with your Trophy? That doesn't sound normal. I would think a reset back to default should get you going again. Mine is running pretty much like the day I got it, software-wise.

Nokia.Nut

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Plan on paying full price for a white 822. Called my verizon store today and they have the black and white 822's in stock (gray is online only). May head over after work to pick one up.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking that your best bet would be to just pay full retail for the 822. Consider the following math (I have a family share plan and I'm pulling all of my numbers from actual experience).

-Each month of an additional line for our family is $10, but after taxes and fees is around $14.50. $14.50 x 24 months (full length of contract) = $348

-Cost of 822 on contract is $99.99 plus tax (6% here in Michigan), so $106

-Activation fee of $36 for all new lines.

Total cost = $348 + $106 + $36 = $490

I paid full retail for my phone, so I paid $449.99 + $27 tax = $477. If you can stomach the cost up front, it'll save you a little money in the end if your state's sales tax is anything like mine.

Last edited:

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
By the way, what the heck is wrong with your Trophy? That doesn't sound normal. I would think a reset back to default should get you going again. Mine is running pretty much like the day I got it, software-wise.

not sure what happened to it my battery life has been terrible the last couple of months i think its because of i lost my htc charger and im using a lg cord but the battery wont stay charged anymore, and it wont connect with my laptop anymore to add new music ive hard reset to see if that would help the battery life but nothing ive put music on my phone with the current cord im using but now nothing works zune doesnt pop up ive uninstalled and reinstalled zune restarted my phone hard reset my phone 3 times and it cant connect to zune. so im ready to give it up i might buy a htc cord and see if that works. but really dont want to put no more money into this phone id rather get the 822

I'm thinking that your best bet would be to just pay full retail for the 822. Consider the following math (I have a family share plan and I'm pulling all of my numbers from actual experience).

-Each month of an additional line for our family is $10, but after taxes and fees is around $14.50. $14.50 x 24 months (full length of contract) = $348

-Cost of 822 on contract is $99.99 plus tax (6% here in Michigan), so $105

-Activation fee of $36 for all new lines.

Total cost = $348 + $105 + $36 = $489

I paid full retail for my phone, so I paid $449.99 + $27 tax = $477. If you can stomach the cost up front, it'll save you a little money in the end if your state's sales tax is anything like mine.
thanks i didnt know all those fees were included in adding a line so maybe i will do the full retail either that or ebay....but if u do full retail do they still let u add insurance on it?

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
thanks i didnt know all those fees were included in adding a line so maybe i will do the full retail either that or ebay....but if u do full retail do they still let u add insurance on it?

I've never had an issue adding insurance to a phone that I've paid full retail for and I've done it many times.

Eric Hon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the Trophy, hopped on it the day it was available on Verizon, so I'm not eligible for an upgrade either, until February 2.

However, I'm fortunate in that I share a plan with my parents. My dad has been eligible for an upgrade since Sept. 2011. So I'm transferring his upgrade.

I'm going to go preorder mine from Costco today. They have the grey for $49.99, estimated ship date of 11/19. I'm okay with waiting a few extra days to save $50 so I can justify getting the wireless charging back plate and pad if I choose to.

My trophy runs fine, but I my microUSB port is not good anymore. I can't power up with a normal tight connection; I have to adjust the connector to a certain angle and ensure it doesn't move around otherwise it won't charge the phone. Can't wait for wireless charging to never have to worry about this again.

kingbobyjr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
not sure what happened to it my battery life has been terrible the last couple of months i think its because of i lost my htc charger and im using a lg cord but the battery wont stay charged anymore, and it wont connect with my laptop anymore to add new music ive hard reset to see if that would help the battery life but nothing ive put music on my phone with the current cord im using but now nothing works zune doesnt pop up ive uninstalled and reinstalled zune restarted my phone hard reset my phone 3 times and it cant connect to zune. so im ready to give it up i might buy a htc cord and see if that works. but really dont want to put no more money into this phone id rather get the 822

Yes they will let you add insurance. Just got my Lumia 822 today at a Verizon store. I payed full retail and got insurance.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I went into Best Buy to check on my pre-ordered HTC 8x and decided to rent a 822 for the time being...Now that I'm using it, I'm having serious thoughts of canceling the 8X order and keeping the 822...Other than the screen...Having the removable battery and expandable storage is awesome.

Oh, and I paid full retail. I just showed them the Verizon website and they price matched it, on top of the 3x Reward Zone point coupon I had and my Best Buy card, I'm getting something like $40-$50 in reward zone coupons...Kinda made the phone only cost $400

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm going the full retail route myself, falling in love with the 822. As soon as I get the extra scratch I'm upgrading (from working HTC Trophy NE2 up in October 2013...) retaining the unlimited.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site

In my personal experience, my Trophy typicall had good battery life...

That is, until, I turn on wifi.

Then you can practically watch the battery drain. D:

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I know my local Verizon lets you bill the phone to ur account or partially pay it and bill the rest to ur account in seriously considering doing this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos