Nokia 820 won't read micro sd card

marshman98

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I put my Sandisk 8gig micro sd card into the slot, and it won't read it. I put my old 2gig card in, and it reads it just fine. Is there a possible formatting issue? Is anyone else having this problem?

craigy18181

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue and it was the make of card. I swapped it around with the one in my old phone which was a samsung branded card and it worked fine. There are compatibility issues with some cards.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue and resolved it by doing a hard reset on the phone. It also fixed my issue of not being able to register my SIM or my xBox account.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I have my old 8 gb card from my Androids and the 820 reads it just fine. I have the SanDisk 32 mention on this forum on order and hoping there won't be any issues.

David Robinson3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
i have scan disk 32gb class 10 but had problems copying files to it if i copied anything larger than 20mb the copy process would freeze the phone would not let you into settings and when you tried to power off it would say goodbye but not switch off with the message still there. i contacted nokia and the tech guy confirmed it causing same issue with his phone. anyway i tried another cheap brand of sd card class 4 and it works fine so far.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I have my old 8 gb card from my Androids and the 820 reads it just fine. I have the SanDisk 32 mention on this forum on order and hoping there won't be any issues.
Been using my SanDisk 32, works fine. :)
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
have used a nokia class 4 32gb card and a sandisk class 10 64gb card. both fairly incident free. have noted that when the card starts getting filled up recording video becomes choppy even on the class 10 card. when it was fresh in the phone was recording beautifully. weird.

TheQualicSelf

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I've heard that classes 2, 4 often perform better for lots of small reads and writes, unlike class 10 which is more for high end video cameras who often write one large video file of 100mbs+ every so often, but it does this quicker.

I'm wondering whether to get a class 6 to get best of both worlds, I'd like to get a 64gb - but most are class 10. The class 6 ones are for some reason more expensive, some good deals on class 10. I might up having to get a 32gb class 4 San Disk, at least it's only ?10-?15 rather than ?40.

Last edited:

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Qualic - thats the massive plus point on the 820 that you can just swap out the cards - as long as you dont need need everything on one card your better off getting a couple of the lower capacity ones...

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
well, when there are problems, just reformat it on the PC to fat32. If you put in an ExFat card, it reads it, but you can't put music or something on it, it'll fail, and the phone formats it to the same format it had being plugged in (here, ExFat).

I use a SanDisk mobile Utra class 10 card with 64 GB, and have no problems at all..

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that classes 2, 4 often perform better for lots of small reads and writes, unlike class 10 which is more for high end video cameras who often write one large video file of 100mbs+ every so often, but it does this quicker.

I'm wondering whether to get a class 6 to get best of both worlds, I'd like to get a 64gb - but most are class 10. The class 6 ones are for some reason more expensive, some good deals on class 10. I might up having to get a 32gb class 4 San Disk, at least it's only ?10-?15 rather than ?40.

Well there is so much more beyond the class raitings as in the end it's just the write speed the card has to at least achieve.

I would imagine class 6 being more expensive simply because manufacturers are mostly nowadays just doing class 4 and class 10 cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss