820 to the rescue

anon(5327037)

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I had bought the 920 and loved it, but just could not get past the overall mass of the phone. It was just not practical for me, but at the same time I fell in love with Nokia. Wow talk about amazing build quality and app support. I was originally not considering an 820 b/c of the low resolution screen, but once I started using the boring old iPhone again I missed the 920....so BAM I took the plunge and got an 820. Man do I love this freaking phone!!! So glad I was able to get past the "non-retina" display.

tehtog

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd have an 820 right now if it weren't for the lack of gorilla glass. Currently using a crap Mozart 7. Would never buy a HTC phone again after trying to deal with their support following a botched repair.

rplyons

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I concur completely, only I went from iPhone 4 to Lumia 920 to HTC 8X to Lumia 820.
Wow, that's quite a Smartphone route you've taken - not many people can quote going from an iPhone to THREE Windows Phone 8 devices.

How do you rate the Windows Phone 8X by HTC against the NOKIA Lumia 820 and 920?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's quite a Smartphone route you've taken - not many people can quote going from an iPhone to THREE Windows Phone 8 devices.

I have a RAD rep at my AT&T store. Normally AT&T only allows one swap like that, but I brought my bro and pops in to get phones from him as well, so he did me a solid..

How do you rate the Windows Phone 8X by HTC against the NOKIA Lumia 820 and 920?

Well, since I ended up with an 820, that's obviously my favorite of the three. But the 8X is a great phone; it's got a great screen, great camera and it's fast, but it lags behind in storage a bit. Mine was solid and had no problems with rebooting, battery life, or heat. My issue with the 8X centered around how it felt in my hand. The rubberized back was great, but it felt a wee bit thin for its height and width (prolly because of the tapered edges) and the buttons were a bit awkward. They were *very* thin and *very* low profile which made them *very* hard to operate one-handed. I thought they'd be perfect for me - as a long-time iPhone user - because they were in the same spots as the iPhone has them. But because they were so thin and low-profile, I couldn't press them consistently; I'd reach up with my index finger to hit the power button, and have to fumble with it for a few tries. Same with the volume buttons.

I would put the 920 and the 8X on the same level; the bigger size of the 920 counteracts the 8Xs smaller storage and buttons. The 820 is only minimally behind them, with it's only issue the screen resolution (which, for me, isn't an issue.) If the 820 had a similar resolution display to the 920 and the 8X, it would be tearing sh*t up. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs