On my second Lumia 820, this one is going back. screen problems

cbarry1

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So,

I picked up an 820 about a week ago from ATT. The first 3 or 4 days I notifed I kept dropping calls. A LOT OF CALLS. I am talking about 75+ in 3 days. So I then notice my screen randomly turns on in the middle of a conversation. When you put your phone up to your ear, the front facing camera acts as a sensor and turns off your screen. Well, the screen will go off, then in the middle of a conversation the screen will turn on and won't turn off. I even try turning the screen off manually by pressing the side button, and this does not work. So, essnetially, my cheek keeps hitting the "end" button. I have to restart my phone everytime this happens. Even when I get off a call, the screen will fail to turn off, even if i do it manually or let the automatic timer kick in. I have tried everything to rectify the issue. So I took the phone back to ATT and got a second 820, and within the first 4 hours the screen won't turn off. I have been hearing a bout a lot of problems with the 920, and the battery isses with the 8X. I am stuck in a predicament right now. I might be forced into an Android phone due to the lack of options for replacement. I loved WP7, and I love WP8 as a mobile OS, but right now it is next to unusable. I should not have to restart my phone 4 or 5 times a day. I would not mind if this happened every once in a while, but this is my second 820 with the same problem.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Was it doing this right away, or after you've doing something to it? Like put it in a case or put a screen protectors?

It sounds like an issue with the proximity sensor going wacky.

cbarry1

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
This was fresh out of the box with no apps downloaded. Its not a hardware issue, even though the screen won't go off when I press the side "sleep" button. I know this because I can still press down that same button to turn the phone off and on, but not turn off the screen. well, phone just went back and I got the 920. Hopefully I dont have the same issue. I stayed clear of the 920 because it is too big and heavy, I liked the small 820.

jenraines

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
love my nokia lumia 820. however having big problems with screen sensor during calls. every call now within seconds i'm putting callers o hold, mute, dialling someone else, calling them on a second line, cutting them off. when calling Vodafone to report this and get phone changed (only had phone 6 weeks!) they had to call me back 6 times because my phone kept cutting them off. anyone else got these issues/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99