Battery life is fairly crappy

anon(5327037)

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had the 820 for 2 weeks now and I've only made it through the day once without having to recharge. I've owned various iPhones, a few different Androids and a Samsung Focus and so far the 820 is the shortest lasting. Looks like I'll be sporting my charger with me from now on :unhappy:. I hope Nokia or Microsoft is able to release some updates that improve the situation.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had the 820 for 2 weeks now and I've only made it through the day once without having to recharge. I've owned various iPhones, a few different Androids and a Samsung Focus and so far the 820 is the shortest lasting. Looks like I'll be sporting my charger with me from now on :unhappy:. I hope Nokia or Microsoft is able to release some updates that improve the situation.

I have an 820 as well and I've got really great battery life in this thing. Even with moderate use, a bright screen, and WiFi on our own I'm not needing to charge often. Funny how these things differ from one device to another

barne19801

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am on my third, first one was really appaling for battery life, the one im on now sees me through the day with moderate to heavy usage. Im coming from an s3. I think it really is device dependant, that does not help you however. Im hoping for a few updates.

haggishunter81

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Battery life on my 820 has been quite impressive so far, I've usually got around 15-20% left, but I set mine up so no app runs unless I open it, apart from one, all live tiles are off etc. That'll be helping a bit I suppose.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Mine easily lasts the day with 25-30% left. 3 email accounts, one push and the other 2 check every 30 mins.

I have weather, stocks, battery meter, store, to do list as live tiles and 4 background updates.

I am on WiFi when home but not any other time.
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

elsterthom

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have to say after 7 days the battery life is fantastic compared to the Samsung Galaxy S2. I got the 820 so I could change the battery, but as yet I have not needed to yet.

I have 1 push email and 7 that check every 10 mins. Twitter is used for a few hours as well.

I do charge up when driving, but normally this would mean 2 batteries lasting me a day with the SGS2. I will probably get another battery just in case, but it seems to be running quite well.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
This is a common complaint for any phone. Batteries are strange animals. Two people could use the phone the same and get very different results with the battery, it's the nature of batteries in general.

tampacoder

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Turn off "tap and send". That helped me alot. I don't have any email accts setup with push and I bet that helps alot too
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I would say the battery life on my 820 has been on par with what I thought coming from a 900, and from my medium to heavy usage. Though I do have days where I stream a lot, and along with LTE I need to bring the charger with me. I hope to see a extended battery for the 820 soon. :)

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
My experience has been the same as the OP. Would really like to know if this is a MS/Nokia issue that will be rectified with an update soon or if I got a lemon and need to exchange my phone.

anon(5327037)

May 21, 2011
Visit site
This is a common complaint for any phone. Batteries are strange animals. Two people could use the phone the same and get very different results with the battery, it's the nature of batteries in general.

Please. Never had an issue with iPhone. That being said, I'm not here to knock Nokia or praise Apple it's just an observation.

anon(5327037)

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Battery life on my 820 has been quite impressive so far, I've usually got around 15-20% left, but I set mine up so no app runs unless I open it, apart from one, all live tiles are off etc. That'll be helping a bit I suppose.

I know if I was desperate I could disable a bunch of stuff like you have, but what's the point of having a windows phone if I can't use live tiles or use multitasking? I admit I constantly am closing unused apps (wish they had a better way to do this rather than the back button) to save battery. While I'm here I have to say I love the battery saver feature. It really helps stretch that last bit of battery.

haggishunter81

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I know if I was desperate I could disable a bunch of stuff like you have, but what's the point of having a windows phone if I can't use live tiles or use multitasking? I admit I constantly am closing unused apps (wish they had a better way to do this rather than the back button) to save battery. While I'm here I have to say I love the battery saver feature. It really helps stretch that last bit of battery.

Yeah I hear what your saying, I don't use Facebook and the like to be honest, out of the apps I have I think I use 2 live tiles (both weather apps) as I just don't really need or see the point in constantly being updated about things, but everyone likes a different set up, my gf has loads, it was cool to start with but over time I just found that I never really had the need for most of them, the phone as a whole package is the bit that appeals to me and the live tiles are a nifty touch, I showed some to my mates in the pub the other night as they'd never really seen them in action and they thought it was pretty neat, I like them but for me I can do without, but I appreciate that a lot of folks will use them. I have however never thought about the multitasking having an effect on the battery....I'll start closing them down and see if it gets any better.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I find the live updates don't make a big difference to the battery life but if I'm checking the internet when I'm on the train it zaps the battery much more than if I'm stationary.

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have 1 week with my phone and the battery has been average... with 6 - 7 hours with 1 hour of browsing, 30 minutes of gaming, and the rest with casual messaging.

Should i got more battery performance in the upcoming weeks?

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I get a day with 20% off with heavy usage, or up to 50 hours (without 3G, less usage). At the beginning, I had only about 6 hours, here's what worked for me: after it shuts down due to low memory, force it to go on (first try, it had a low battery logo, then, at the 2nd try, it went on) and in my case, I could use it for another few hours. After this, the battery is really well.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my 820 has incredible battery performance compared to other phones I've had. I know it's been said already, but turn off services you don't use... frex, if you don't use NFC, turn it off. If you don't have a Bluetooth headset, turn Bluetooth off. That will help you immensely. Oh, also, if you have the Nokia Drive Beta installed, nuke it from outer space.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre