lumia 820 - they're making this phone hard to love!..

mattrees

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
had my lumia 820 for about 10 days now. I was really looking forward to getting WP8 and I desperately want to love this phone. However, they're making it hard for me! Here are my issues..

- can't seem to upload photos from within the pictures app to Facebook, keep getting 'upload error'.
- when syncing with my Mac (using the new Windows Phone app)....
(a) photos won't import from the phone to iPhoto - get an error message saying 'this file seems to be in an unrecognised format' even though it's a jpeg and I haven't changed any settings
(b) it takes literally hours to transfer music and photos - admittedly quite a lot of files as I have been trying for the last week to move them on to my SD card on my phone.
(c) when I finally did get music and photos transferred across, a couple of hours later all the files had disappeared from my phone - none of the music or photos I transferred were there, just the 'shell' of the photo albums i.e. the name but when I tap on the photo album it says 'it looks like this album is empty'. The music has also disappeared. From the 'phone storage' under settings, when inspecting the SD card it looked like all the data was still there but not showing up in the app.

I am now reduced to downloading each individual album from the 'cloud collection' on to my phone, one album at a time. Incredibly tedious but I can't seem to find ANY other way to get music on to my phone. I haven't even begun to conceive of a way to get my photo collection on there yet.

All of that is without even going into the missing WP8 apps - Spotify in particular but also games like Shuffle Party.

As I say, I desperately want to love this phone but they're making it really hard for me!

tumaykilinc

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
- can't seem to upload photos from within the pictures app to Facebook, keep getting 'upload error'.
It uploads fine on my 920, maybe try deleting and re-adding your Facebook account? I upload on Wifi, never tried on Data.

(a) photos won't import from the phone to iPhoto - get an error message saying 'this file seems to be in an unrecognised format' even though it's a jpeg and I haven't changed any settings
I don't have a mac to test, but could it be the issue of iPhoto rather than the phone? No idea sorry.

(b) it takes literally hours to transfer music and photos - admittedly quite a lot of files as I have been trying for the last week to move them on to my SD card on my phone.
Is your Memory card Class 10? If not, try with a class 10 and see if that helps.

I don't have an answer/suggestion for (c) as i don't have sd card slot myself.

I love my 920, but i also miss some apps from my iPad, i am in need of Team Viewer for example.

TheQualicSelf

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
"(b) it takes literally hours to transfer music and photos - admittedly quite a lot of files as I have been trying for the last week to move them on to my SD card on my phone."

What is the make and class of your SD card? Just wondering.

Del1701

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I can't comment on iphoto as I don't use it but I've read on xda and here that some memory cards are not compatible, I don't know why but my cheap 16GB card from Argos which I've had for some time works a treat 😊

As for transferring music, to make it faster can you not remove your card from your phone and use a card reader instead? Just a thought 😉

mattrees

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
thanks everyone. I think I'm going to do a hard reset of my phone and see if that fixes it. Trying to resist the urge to go back to iPhone!

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I dont have any trouble uploading photos with the pictures app. And does a great job uploading videos!!

I have a L820!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett