Portico Update Feedback

Ixolite

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
seems that Portico is available already in Poland - updated my L820 yesterday

Yup, got it at Orange in Poland.

Not sure, but I think that either battery indicator is more precise now, or the battery is holding a bit better now. Might be wishful thinking tho...

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Got my update for the Lumia 820 yesterday evening. Did the update - no issues. Monitoring battery life and camera performance and will update you after a while with what I have seen.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded mine too, I see no battery improvement but maybe that is WhatsApp sucking it up?
when i updated mine OS i also had an update with whatsapp, i'm not sure if im, dreaming it but i cant really see any improvements with battery life at all, only been using it a day but everyone keeps commenting how much better it is. I like the additions to whatsapp when sending a pic etc...

Reui

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I got problem on the autofocus after the update. It seems the camera shots too late when the focus is on. I had to repeatedly shot it. This never happened before.

First Shot
WP_20130223_012.jpg
WP_20130223_014.jpg

After 5 Shots

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
after the update ive put mine on 3g connection and battery is still shocking, will go back to 2G, but pretty poor still. i might try calibrating the battery which i saw some instructions the other day. Dont know but thought this was going to be the big fix,, I have whatsapp which also upgraded at the time and also skype i wonder if they are doing any damage.

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I took a drive out to a Shopping Mall today to try and find a 'WiFi' site where I can carry out the download (not having WiFi at home). After the phone spurted out all different error codes, I basically gave up!

My final error code which came up when having a coffee over the Gym this afternoon was '801882cb'....this jumped up when the download was at 4%. I just don't understand why Microsoft didn't, a) open a site where you do all your downloading from, ie. iTunes type, and b) let the consumer know that WiFi would be required to gain full usage of this device.

Ixolite

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
OK, so my battery is actually, definitely worse after the update - that is probably on account of WiFi keep alive that I turned on in the options. But yea, I'm seeing some worse battery performance now.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
OK, so my battery is actually, definitely worse after the update - that is probably on account of WiFi keep alive that I turned on in the options. But yea, I'm seeing some worse battery performance now.

I'm also seeing a worse battery life as well since the update and I haven't got Wifi keep alive on. Not good. Lets hope they fix it.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I have now monitored my upgrade and think that the battery life is either the same or slightly worse than it was with the original firmware.

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is good on my 820 since the update, camera seems a little better too.

Also had a problem of random reboots before but it appears to have disappeared!

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
After Portico I'm running into random problems with my screen brightness. I usually have it set to low or medium (always do it manually).

For some reason, if I turn it on after powering it off the brightness becomes High. Not on the settings (that still shows what I set), but the screen is bright as it would be at High.
I need to manually switch it again to High (which doesn't do anything) and then back to Low for it to decrease brightness.

Anyone else had this? How'd you fix it?

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm also seeing a worse battery life as well since the update and I haven't got Wifi keep alive on. Not good. Lets hope they fix it.

I have now carried out a power monitoring exercise with my 820 since the upgrade and the profile when I just leave the phone idle for a day is now stepper than it was before the upgrade. Basically that means that with my combination of apps I am getting a worse battery life now than before. The angle of the graph is somewhere between 5% to 8% steeper.

topliner967

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
After Portico I'm running into random problems with my screen brightness. I usually have it set to low or medium (always do it manually).

For some reason, if I turn it on after powering it off the brightness becomes High. Not on the settings (that still shows what I set), but the screen is bright as it would be at High.
I need to manually switch it again to High (which doesn't do anything) and then back to Low for it to decrease brightness.

Anyone else had this? How'd you fix it?

Yes, I have the exact same thing, guess it's a feature of portico :wink:. Hopefully they'll fix it in the next update, not sure if it's Microsoft or Nokia (I'm guessing Nokia).

e1ys1um

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone on T-Mobile in the UK confirm whether they have the update yet. When i check it still says none available. Wondering if the shop have messed up. I'm on T-Mobile with the EE variant firmware however in the extras + info section on the phone i have this listed

Mobile Operator Name as ORG-GB

Wondering now if the phones/servers are getting confused as they can't seem to agree on carrier!
I know EE are essentially T-Mobile and Orange combined but i would expect the above field to say TMO-GB or something. Can anyone check their phone and see what it says.

Cheers.
Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_310 using Board Express

e1ys1um

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone on T-Mobile in the UK confirm whether they have the update yet. When i check it still says none available. Wondering if the shop have messed up. I'm on T-Mobile with the EE variant firmware however in the extras + info section on the phone i have this listed

Mobile Operator Name as ORG-GB

Wondering now if the phones/servers are getting confused as they can't seem to agree on carrier!
I know EE are essentially T-Mobile and Orange combined but i would expect the above field to say TMO-GB or something. Can anyone check their phone and see what it says.

Cheers.

To answer my own q, it came out a couple of days after I asked. Seems to be better battery life so far to me. Play a lot of games online against wife whilst on breaks at work and definitely have more juice left throughout the day.

eReS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
After Portico update all pictures and wallpaper look strange in direct sunlight - like overexposed and oversaturated.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster