Colors compared to 8x

palfor03

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow I went to att and even though the 8x had a better resolution the 820 just had really nice darker shades on the colors. I might just cheap out and get the 820. Thoughts?
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I went with the 822 just on the physical design alone. Having the extra storage is a perk, I've only added a 2gb card I had here, but it's more than I had before. So far I'm really liking Nokia. It felt better in my hand as well. 8X felt....breakable.

palfor03

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I didn't really see a big difference in terms of resolution either. I went to the same websites on both and not having 720 HD on a phone is not going to kill me.

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
also, you can swap out the shells if you want a different colour, with the 8x your stuck with the same colour. the big thing for me as well (and seems same for most of us) was the expandable storage. i'm rocking 64gb in my 820 and am very happy with the phone. at first when reading reviews there was all this stuff about the pixel density being less on the 820, but frankly I don't notice with daily use. looks perfectly fine. plus the Nokia exclusive apps make it a deal clincher in my view. I don't need a big htc clock tile.

okkyraditya

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
also, you can swap out the shells if you want a different colour, with the 8x your stuck with the same colour. the big thing for me as well (and seems same for most of us) was the expandable storage. i'm rocking 64gb in my 820 and am very happy with the phone. at first when reading reviews there was all this stuff about the pixel density being less on the 820, but frankly I don't notice with daily use. looks perfectly fine. plus the Nokia exclusive apps make it a deal clincher in my view. I don't need a big htc clock tile.
do you have an issue with the SD card when recording 1080p video directly to the SD card? In my case the camera app often crash and even if I succesful the playback is choppy and jumpy, not smooth at all. Also when I take picture directly to SD card, sometimes after I click the shutter button to focus and take the picture the camera so slow, like a very slow processor
I'm sorry for my bad english :p

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
do you have an issue with the SD card when recording 1080p video directly to the SD card? In my case the camera app often crash and even if I succesful the playback is choppy and jumpy, not smooth at all. Also when I take picture directly to SD card, sometimes after I click the shutter button to focus and take the picture the camera so slow, like a very slow processor
Yes, I'm facing the exact same problem here.. Glad I'm not alone. But if I had the choice, I think I'd have chosen the 8X over the 820. The shape of the 8X makes it really nice to hold. Also have kinda small hands, I absolutely cannot reach the back button on my 820 without dropping the phone (right handed).

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I was torn between a lumia 820, HTC 8X and 8S, but after playing for about half an hour with a 820 in an EE store (which was surprisingly low pressure) I went with that. I thought the lower resolution might be strange, especially a) coming from an iPhone 4S and b) being insanely fussy with screens, but turns out that its not an issue at all! It's crisp, colours are intense and the blacks are proper black which makes WP8 pop.

If you've come from a PenTile AMOLED screen like on the lumia 800, be aware the 820 has proper RGB triplets and so even though its the same 800x480 resolution, the lumia 820 actually looks crisper than the 800, despite its larger screen.

Hold the lumia a couple of inches from your face and sure you'll see the pixels. But really, how often do you use your phone like that?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Call me crazy, but the way colors and everything just pop on the 820 made it the best choice for me. With the expandable storage, smaller size, good camera (IMHO), and same processor, the 820 was the perfect choice for me. To be honest, I don't see all the hype in the 920's screen. The viewing angles of the iPhone 4, 4s, and even 8x were better than the 920, at least in the ATT store I played with them in. It does have sharp and real life looking images (like the people tile for example, the people are so clear and crisp), but it has this foggy look to it. Idk, perhaps I'm too used to AMOLED now, but I like the 820 screen above the 920. Its funny because an ATT rep came and gave the usual "this has the highest resolution, HD this, etc, and I just held both the 820 and 920 together and gave my opinion, and he ended up saying "WOW. I never paid attention to the 820, but you're right: the colors do pop more and I like that screen better"; LMAO.

I can't wait to exchange backs for a back that isn't so slippery though...:eck:

qsr786

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi, for me it was the exact Situation :), i was in a shop and was willing to buy the 920 but, the colurs of the Screen seemed very good, i thought it has really nice blacks and etc.:D, but when i took the 820 i was like ohh man this Screen is awesome, this Screen has real black colour and the other colour where very very nice too. So i compared both 920 and 820 together and for me the 920 looked washed out like and old phone and the 820 looked very fresh and very good.

The screen is indeed a pleasure for the eyes and the build qualitiy is Awesome! It has the same Hardware as 920 and 8X so i bought the 820 and I am very happy with it.

Although I have small Problems with the sd Card, ist from sandisc, but a friend of mine told me that i should buy a sd Card from Samsung, it will arrive the next day, hope it solves the Problems.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

My guess would also be that your SD card is too slow. SD cards have different "classes". I believe the higher the class, the faster the read/write speed. Being able to write 1080p video flawlessly will probably require class 7 or up, but that's just a guess, really.

qsr786

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I think it is not the Problem of the class, because many People have bought the sandisc extrem sdhc class 10, and have Problems with it. But I think Nokia is working on it, you have to see that it is the first time that sd Card is supported in Windows Phone plattform, so that it is normal that Problems can occur.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)