Anyone's 820 rebooting?

anon(5327037)

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Getting a few daily reboots with my 820. I'm all in on this baby (two wireless shells, wireless dock, ghost armor) and now this starts happening. I thought I had it narrowed to Amazing Weather HD (started around the time I installed it) but its still happening without it (Using weather flow now) What a journey...

anon(5327037)

May 21, 2011
Visit site
When did it begin? What have you installed since, or just before, you started noticing these reboots?

It began after I installed Amazing Weather. I removed it and it was fine for a day so I installed weather flow. Now its doing it again.bi don't even know if its the weather app(s). Too bad I can't find out with an event viewer or something

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My 820 reboots occasionally when I'm using media from the SD card; not too often but I'd rather it didn't happen at all.

Tomasz S.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
My 820 reboots completely randomly, whether I use it or not.

I'm a afraid this isn't a particular's app problem but a general bug in how WP8 handles background tasks. Apps may and will crash due to errors and unhandled exceptions, and the OS is supposed to move on and not crash itself in grief.

I can't understand why the fix this isn't a high priority update and its delivery is so delayed.

Tomasz S.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The reboot are supposed to be an OS thing and to be fixed in the "Portico" update. Did you flash your phone with the newest Nokia ROM or received the OTA update for WP8?

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Guys, its not limited to the 820. Its a WP8 thing, even after Portico.

I've only had my 920 reboot a couple of times, but one came this past weekend after hitting the autostop tile on "Stop the Music!". It just went black, and rebooted. I mean, it was fine after that, but what the ****?

anon(5327037)

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I for sure have the latest update. I get reboots more than I did with android. I will give them time to fix this, but its a showstopper issue in my eyes. If I'm still getting reboots in 3-6 months I'm done

heredot90

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 820 for about three weeks. And unfortunately I have had several rebooting problems recently. The phone shuts itself down time to time, even while it's being charged.
I contacted with Nokia service and they said I have to give the phone to the service in order to get it repaired. But I don't have a spare phone and I need my phone. So should I give it to the service or wait for an update?
I've already send a feedback to Microsoft about this issue. There are so many users having the same problem around the world and as far as I know Microsoft and Nokia are investigating the issue nowadays. I hope they'll find a rapid solution and I won't have to give my phone back.
All in all,I love my Lumia and Windows 8OS. As an ex-user of Android phone, I really got rid of the crashes or freezings. After I had purchased Lumia 820, I realized that I was using a toy not a phone. Lumia is a real mobile phone. So I don't want to change it.
Microsoft and Nokia officers, please hear and help us. Thank you very much in advance....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb