Lumia 820 SD card & other questionss.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
apparently, the .xaps just are .zip files (since a few weeks encrypted, but basically zip). And I don't know, but I used several cards, and all class 10 worked perfectly, but only when formatted to fat32!

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
ive got 1gb free space left on internal storage, but why i cant download Sonic CD? its says i need to clear some stuff to increase spaces. Sonic CD file size is 240mb, so it gonna extract to 1gb? make no sense :S

Bspain

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use the sandisk 64gb class 10 and formatted it to exFat (as advised by others on here) and that solved alot of issues with lag and things not working when the card was formatted as fat32. Also the windows desktop sync app is crap and always has problems. Since I ditched that and used other apps for syncing music I havent had any issues. I have heaps of apps on my phone and still have over 2gb of space left so for me 8gb internal is ok.

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
my contact list messed up :S how can i set it only showing contact from sim card...i dont want facebook and email contacts mix with sim contact

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Settings - Contacts - Filter, there you can select which contacts shall be shown, e.g. facebook, email accounts with contacts etc

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Settings - Contacts - Filter, there you can select which contacts shall be shown, e.g. facebook, email accounts with contacts etc

i deselected all and my sim contact list is not showing. I tapped import sim contacts but it says already in phone contacts.. :(

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
uh, I think importing them will automatically add them to hotmail, that's what it did for me.. I think there's no other way then. Maybe you can make another hotmail account and only add the contacts from SIM and then select it?

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
uh, I think importing them will automatically add them to hotmail, that's what it did for me.. I think there's no other way then. Maybe you can make another hotmail account and only add the contacts from SIM and then select it?

well, thats something like you bought a burger but you need to make it yourself :/
i love window 8 and nokia lumia so much i dont want to talk bad things about it but why so many problem still not slove? :S

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
can i buy apps with debit card? i really want to buy some app/games
or you can just add a normal bank account, transfer some money from the bank account to paypal and use it for apps, that's the way I did it. For logging in the first time on the phone, you'll have to have at least 25€ (I don't know about other currencies).

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
erm, finally can buy apps but the apps i want not available in my country(Malaysia) :/
so disappointed. Any idea how to buy apps that not available in my country?

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
or you can just add a normal bank account, transfer some money from the bank account to paypal and use it for apps, that's the way I did it. For logging in the first time on the phone, you'll have to have at least 25€ (I don't know about other currencies).

so if i transfer some money to paypal, i will be able to buy apps from uk?(living in malaysia, but phone set to uk)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss