Lumia 820 Battery indicator stuck at 100%

H2OCoold

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 820 is showing battery charge at 100% continuously for a period of time and then dropping into battery saver mode showing approx 4% charge. I have powered off / on & then removed the battery and restarting to no avail. Have not attempted a full reset. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Think I'm getting the same problem. Charged my 820 from dead to 100% and it's been showing full charge for the last two hours. Battery isn't THAT good. Reboot hasn't solved it.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
B*gger! Mine's doing this today. Stuck on 100% for 11 hours now. All clever stuff turned off. Just idling on the phone network. Been checking for messages every few hours. So, no usage really but I normally lose a few percent per hour like this.

Did you guys get your issues with this resolved? I'd be interested to know. Hang on!!! Just checked again before I posted this. Down to 99% now. Oh if only I could believe this.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
First time I did a battery pull for a few minutes and it solved it, instances after that It seemed to go away on it's own (though I do tend to reboot the phone). Happens intermittently then the battery just starts dropping as normal.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks JimiDiGriz. Appreciated. Well, I thought I'd see what the phone would do left alone. Down to 91% when I got up this morning. Now at 84% after a day of more light usage, mainly text message exchanges. So, I guess it's back to normal now.

What I can't understand is that with all Nokia's experience how they can't come up with a battery indicator that works properly. Thinking about it I suppose that this is really down to the OS, so is it due to M$'s inexperience in this area? Either way I just can't believe this. It can't be rocket science to get a working battery indicator. Can it???

SabbeRubbish

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I think I have the same problem. Just go it yesterday and even though I am NOT charging, the battery indicator blinks with the power socket on top of it.
Battery saver says 100% battery, but it drops dead many times. After charging the battery for about 2hours, same problem.
Any help?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Always reboot if you have doubts about the battery percentage.

If you don't really care about your phone (but are absolutely caring for the battery) ,just do a battery pull.

If you're also experiencing problems with the date and time, or some other problems, try doing a soft reset other than a reboot/battery pull because or solves all problems at once.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon