Deploying Software

mizzz

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Dear All,
I downloaded some XAP file from windowsphone site, and I tried to deploy them via application deployment from microsoft, it say that 'not valid xap file', where is the problem?, is there special xap file works only on Lumia 820 or what? thanks

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
you'll have to watch out, most of the homebrew apps are designed for older phones, and additionally they require at least interop unlock. Of course there are a few that work, but not really much.

mizzz

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I re-download the app, which is 'flashlight-x' from Windows Phone (United States), I clicked 'Download and install manually' then I got the file, I deployed the file but it says the the XAP file is Invalid, something you should know that my phone is not registered as the 'Store' is blocked for my country, I'd appreciate finding out a way to be able to deploy applications on my phone, thanks

Ktos

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You cannot use Application Deployment to deploy XAPs from Store, you can use only SD card to do it.
Application Deployment allows only deployment of developer XAPs which are different (not encrypted).

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
whoa, yeah, you'll have to put ones from the store to your SD card, but I doubt it'll work if the app is blocked in your store, they check before installation.
Application deployment is for unlcoked devices and custom built xap's.

mizzz

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
whoa, yeah, you'll have to put ones from the store to your SD card, but I doubt it'll work if the app is blocked in your store, they check before installation.
Application deployment is for unlcoked devices and custom built xap's.

I can access blocked sites by using UltraSurf or Hotspot shield, but from PC, I tried to connect my mobile through my PC using Connectify Hotspot, but the store still blocked to my phone, but it is working on my PC, do you have a way to help me to be able to install apps on my windows phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss