Anybody has problem with autofocus?

lumia8

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Always get very-very bad & blurry photos when taking close object (around 10 - 15cm). The camera was finding the right focus, and it did succeed in certain point with sharp image as seen in the live screen. But when it finally needs to take that picture, it always missed out! Is it a hatdware problem? Even after latest firmware update yesterday, the problem persist.

lumia8

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Just found some workaround... well, at least until Nokia comes up with some fix: install ProShot or whatever app that allows you to do manual focus. Just realized that 820's camera wasn't that bad after all...manual focus gives me a very sharp close up photo. Now I can definitely confirm the autofocus is the culprit. Hope they're working on somr fix.

matrixcruiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For close object you should use the macro option in the settings bar. This might help a bit because the macro setting lets the camera prefer near focus points. Of cause that does not help always. Sometimes the auto focus is just useless.

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
For close object you should use the macro option in the settings bar. This might help a bit because the macro setting lets the camera prefer near focus points. Of cause that does not help always. Sometimes the auto focus is just useless.

where do i find this macro setting..is it in default setting of 820 ?

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
No problem here at all.

Mark "close in" in settings and use your finger to point where's you need to focus.

I have great macro photos with default app. No complains about that.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
should the auto setting be able to realize its up close?
the thing is, as it is focusing and just before it snaps the picture, you can see that it is perfectly focused but then after the snap it is blurry.

RStock521

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the focusing problem as well. It focuses for a split second, when when I take the picture, it's a little blurry. Very annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon