Musica syncing woes

EmptySpaces

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
So having experienced nothing but problems trying to sync music to my SD card on my Lumia 820, and experiencing several other SD-related issues, I have been waiting with baited breath for the Nokia update that is said to increase stability etc with the SD card. And to my joy of joys, yesterday the update seemed to arrive.

However that joy was very short lived.

I initially tried to sync around 40 songs and I was able to put them on and take them off again with no issues at all. However, when I tried to add anymore, the syncing process just froze completely about halfway through and flat out refused to cancel. Once disconnected, the phone then claimed I had over 3GB of music loaded on the card, even though I'd only been attempting to sync about 250KB worth. As well as this, in some cases the phone itself went completely crazy, not opening up menus and not being able to get into settings to format the card again, requiring a soft reset. Alternatively, some times when I attempted to sync, i either get error messages saying the 'File was not found', even though it synced those files fine previously, or mentions an unexpected error and to call technical support.

As it stands, I cannot sync music to the SD card at all, and this has led to me essentially having 32GB of memory that is utterly useless. I am using a Samsung Class 10 32GB memoery card, and have experiemented with a Class 4 memory card ofthe same size with no joy.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Am I alone with this issues? Is this a problem with the SD card? The phone? The Windows Phone app?

And seeing as I've got the latest update from Nokia, is there ANY fututre prospect of a fix? I've owned the phone for a few months now and am incredibly frustrated with this inability to use what seems to be a rather fundamental feature of the phone, and the idea of waiting months and months for a fix that MIGHT fix it seems unbearable. As it stands, I seriously regret ever having decided to switch to Windows Phone 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05