WP8 small gliches, is it due to Lumia 820 Develop Device I have?

chall3ng3r

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I am using a Lumia 820 Developer Device for last month or two. Working good so far. I had to manually update it to Portico as it wasn't getting the update automatically, even it was a developer device embossed on it and was made for euro region.

Anyway, there are some small things that are happening in WP8 and I'm not sure if they are due to the developer device or it is same in all WP8 devices. So here are the annoying things I'm going through each day:

• When battery saver is on and battery goes < 20%. Auto syncing and WiFi is automatically turned off. But when phone is charged back to 100%, WiFi never turns on automatically. I have to turn it on every time I hit the low battery and charge back to full.
  • WiFi in top system-bar is always showing 100% signal when connected to WiFi. But in reality I have really low signal in my home-office location. When I go into WiFi settings, there I see correct signal which is 1 bar. Its not a big deal, but why its not showing correct signal strength in system-bar annoys me a little :D
  • This one is also related to low battery state. When my phone goes in power saving mode on < 20% battery, it also stop BG processes and live tiles also stop to update. But when I plug in charger and even phone gets to 100% battery, these BG tasks does not start and live tiles don't get updated. When I turn on WiFi manually, which also does not turn on automatically as stated above, apps like battery live tile which have nothing to do with phone's internet connection does not update its live tile, until WiFi is turned on. So all BG processes are paused.

So, are any of you guys also noted something like I am experiencing?

I miss all email and messenger notifications as I forget to turn on WiFi in morning when the phone was put on charge at night, until someone tells my by SMS or call that I've been sent emails or messages on messenger.

I am writing a blog post and I'd like to know if these issues are also present in retail WP8 devices. I will also write to MS and Nokia to get them fixed once I get some confirmation from other fellow Lumia 820 and WP8 users :)

Thanks,

// chall3ng3r //

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven