thanks for everyones help and advice but i've had enough

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
just want to say a big thanks to all those that have offered help and advice on my many threads. Maybe it was too much coming from a BB and ive had them for years and it did most things well. I love the windows platform, I found it had personality, something a bit refreshing but well i just cant take all the issues, i never know when i will have battery left and as i have the issue with the foggy screen i have sent it back, ive asked for a refund although they may just repair it and send it to me, if they do i will just sell it on ebay as they are still going for ?240.00.

Ive got for a samsung s3 mini, maybe just to tie me over for a while, battery life is good and it does everything i need it to. then perhaps i can look at windows in a year or so when hopefully its developed alittle more and more stable.

thanks all once again, very good forum and lots of sound advice.

ricocchet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Shame you have had soo many issues.

I have had a HTC 8X for about 4 months and absolutely love it with no problems at all.

Obviously no help to you but just pointing out it is not doom and gloom for all users.

My friend is having problems with her 820 though, so it certainly sounds as if there is a issue with some Nokia handsets.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
About to switch from 920 to 820. I did NOT read this thread! Eyes closed!

still a good phone mate, dont let one thread put you off.... lol
just to many problems in such a small amount of time. I;m hoping the s3 mini is going to be better for me..

just going to have to work out how to get all my stuff transferred over to the samsung from my windows phone!!

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
still a good phone mate, dont let one thread put you off.... lol
just to many problems in such a small amount of time. I;m hoping the s3 mini is going to be better for me..

just going to have to work out how to get all my stuff transferred over to the samsung from my windows phone!!

If it's a good phone, sir, why are you leaving? Give it a bit more time. Patience is a virtue.

PipoDj

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So sad for you to leave. But i am happy you are not tied down to any OS. Feel free to come to WP when the OS matures to your liking.

I am a happy Lumia820 user. The only issue i have is the very limited capacity. 8GB is extremely small. ahaha

m4tthall

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I feel for you. I was an early WP7 adopter, had about 4 LG handsets and 3 Samsungs due to a variety of issues. I gave up and used a faulty handset for 6 months, waiting for WP8 and have recently got a Lumia 920. I am currently blown away with it. I was sitting on the train looking around at all the Galaxys and iPhones feeling quite smug, as I thought my bright yellow phone was a much better looker from the outside and inside. I have had no problems (touch wood) but know intimately that these things can happen and over multiple handsets and even different manufacturers. It is sad to see anyone depart our fun little ecosystem but I wish you the best.

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
well i have my 820 since a month ...
to be honest ... i dont face any problems such as the guys are saying all the time ...
im really happy about it ... and yea it needs some improvements on some fields, but all of them are Software based issues and can be solved in coming patches
such as data counter app, and file manager and such

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
hi all, not coming on here to gloat but happy bunny all rund, went for the samusn galaxy s3 mini and its lighter, battery life is superb compared to my 820. I do miss cetain aspects of the windows phone but i think as i had some many issues and it was my first windows phone that it all got a bit to much for me.

hopefully one day i'll be back.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I personally have had very few if any issues with my WP8 device. My phone has been almost flawless and more and more friends are thinking a switching. Sometimes there are bad devices and poor customer service which leads to a loss in a customer! Good luck with your new device!
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had endless issues with my 820: battery, GPS, wi-fi, random rebooting, freezing apps, etc. The latest issue is when songs are playing there will be drop-outs in the sound at various points. Before you think I may have a bad phone I have had similar issues with my HTC HD7 and my Lumia 800(I have 2). Sadly I am waiting until the fall to get an iPhone, or whenever they release a new one. The only thing that is stopping me at this point is the Zune Pass. If they port that to iOS or Android the 820 is garbage can bound. Not to mention the fact finding accessories for this phone is a nightmare. ****, even WPCentral rarely even mentions the 820.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6