Updated to 8.0.10211.204 - Battery Drains Super Fast!

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I updated my Lumia 820 last night to 8.0.10211.204 and now my battery is draining super fast. I haven't installed any new apps or manually changed any settings (maybe the update did something I'm not aware of). Before the update, I would normally have 50% battery left at the end of day before plugging it in to charge overnight. It isn't even noon yet and I'm down to 21%.

Anyone else experience this after upgrading? Any thoughts on what's sucking my battery dry so fast?

Thanks!

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Try a reboot and see if the problem goes away. Sometimes after an update OS/app I've seen some oddities, but a reboot usually squares it away.

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I did a reboot, but did another one. It's charging now, so won't really be able to see if that clears it until tomorrow when it "starts fresh". I did notice that it was running hot as well before the reboot and it's cool now. So hopefully that solves the issue.

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
40% draining overnight

Hi Guys!

My L820 gets 40% Batt drain in the night when I'm not using it! (from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) Even gets discharged (same rate) when doesnt have a SIM card, so there is no data or anything.

Any ideas?

I have also a Xperia P, and without SIM gets discharged like 3% all day.

carborg

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: 40% draining overnight

Hi Guys!

My L820 gets 40% Batt drain in the night when I'm not using it! (from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) Even gets discharged (same rate) when doesnt have a SIM card, so there is no data or anything.

Any ideas?

I have also a Xperia P, and without SIM gets discharged like 3% all day.

Did you disable some background task ? Go to system, swipe left to "applications", tab background task and select which you do not allow.

Also, "Location" on our device is also a heavy juice eater... try turn it off when you do not use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss