LTE option availability

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,
as you can see in the screenshot, i dont have LTE option in my connection speed list ...
my carrier is working on 4G network that will come soon, but i was asking if the option should be there or the network will "enable" it

i have a Lumia 820 unlocked ...

and if i may ask you guys to post screenshots like the one i did, just to see if the option is there.

wp_ss_20130404_0002.png

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
we don't need 2 show u screen shots coz it should b there if it is an LTE capable phone. I use Vodafone in Aussie whose network isn't 4G until June but I still have a 4G option in settings. I have seen international versions that aren't LTE n u might have 1 of them:(

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
no actually there is no such thing that is called "No 4G/LTE" for Lumia 820

this phone is completely compatible and ready for 4G LTE networks, whatever "nationality" or version was the phone.

but the thing is that some of the unlocked phones are shipped to be "4G/LTE ready" and can be send a tiny update be the carrier itself to unlock it once the network is ON

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok I didn't know that but I looked on eBay b4 I bought my phone outright n saw some that said "not 4G capable". Maybe they were knockoffs or something??

carborg

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It seems that you would have to flash the LTE capable firmware from Navifirm to get your 4G to work. Mine had the same problem with you when I bought the phone, and I am from Malaysia. Once I have flashed the 1308 firmware update via Nokia Care Suite, the 4G option pops up in my setting.. although I still cant use it due to may carrier did not enable it yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett