Lumia 820 - Freeze issue - advice before buying

vysakhmenon

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I am a first-timer here but been reading a lot for the past few months. Great piece of information that you guys share and that helps a quite lot. Now, i am planning to buy a Lumia 820 and i want to know if the freeze issue is still out there with this phone. From the threads/posts here i see that it has gone down. Did the updates fix the issue or what ? Just wanted to be double-sure so that i can go ahead a buy this piece of beauty.

Thanks
Vysakh

Lukson K Thomas

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Bro,
I'm using LUMIA 820 for pas 2 months.
My phone dosnt got any hanging or laging problems.
Touch sensitivity is suprb due to the stabilty in the os..

vysakhmenon

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that . I'm definitely gonna buy it for sure. But just wanted to be sure that the phone does not randomly hang up on me after i shell out 24Ks. And dude, i just laaaoouve the touch of windows phones and the whole interface.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
My sister's 820 has had random shutdowns. But I've read that the 1308 update fixes that. Other than that, the phone has awesome written all over it.

dj200

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that the 1308 update fixes the random shutdowns. Mine was shutting down every day but hasn't done it once since I updated last week.

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I waited a month or so after I traded my 8x for an 820 to post here so I can break the phone in. I have to say, not 1 issue with freezing, lag or shutdowns whatsoever and I know I have a more recent model 820. There's been many updates too so you've picked a good time to avoid those kind of issues.

I say get it! It's good to have a phone that isn't app-centric. The 820 is nice because you can change the back cover as often as you like (1 for each day of the week if that's your taste lol) and its performance will not leave you wanting more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786