How do I move apps from Phone memory to SD Card??

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
8GB is plenty for apps!! I mean u can't use 100 apps a day. I went thru that stage early on of grabbing all tha apps that looked cool but at tha end of the day I use about 20 regularly

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The pictures, movies, music, video and maps (using the Storage Checker beta) can be stored on the card; from personal experience this leaves enough for apps on the phone.

Vishal Naik

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
LoL ��
8gb enough 4 apps, wat a joke
Android i think offers more flexibility. Even though i don't like Android. I'm starting to hate nokia n windows 8. For replying to this thread I typed in qnotes n den copy pasted here. The website space provided to enter text wasn't allowing me to input any text.

prasadpat

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Where is 8 GB it is only 4 GB as rest occupied by the system application. I lately installed a game which took around 700 Mb. If I install 3 games I am done with phone memory so it is not huge. I suggest there should a facility to move the app to SD card

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you have to install many games at the same time? And btw Burger14045, your English is not bad at least based only one sentence.

Sent from my RM-825_eu_finland_290 using Tapatalk

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Not very many Android phones allow you to move apps to a SD card. The three I had before I got a 820 would not allow it. I know of quite a few people with Android phones and I have not been able to fine one that allows it. SD storage is just like WP8, photos, video, maps, etc; no apps.

Vishal Gharat

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

It is not the question of are we going to use many apps at same time.
As we know, in earlier windows phones (WP 7.5) maps also were not allowed to move to SD card.
And in WP 8.1 maps are allowed to install on SD card.
So, if Maps are allowed to move on SD card, then why not applications.
Microsoft should plan this as feature in coming o.s. update in order to compete with Android.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

It is not the question of are we going to use many apps at same time.
As we know, in earlier windows phones (WP 7.5) maps also were not allowed to move to SD card.
And in WP 8.1 maps are allowed to install on SD card.
So, if Maps are allowed to move on SD card, then why not applications.
Microsoft should plan this as feature in coming o.s. update in order to compete with Android.

Its a question of security. They wont be providing this feature, I think its better to give a complete task manager with full overview of running tasks..

Errol Greer

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I have Win10 running on 820, no problems. Tried to move an app to SD card, got the response "This drive had apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?" If I the look at what is stored on the SD card, it shows under Apps & games a long green line with 170GB used, which is crazy. The only other stuff on the SD card is 10MB of photos - about 6 in all. Shows 0 bytes for Maps. One map (South Africa) is stored in memory and is 278 Mb is size. I tried to move this to SD, but it only offered to delete. not move. Any ideas?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have Win10 running on 820, no problems. Tried to move an app to SD card, got the response "This drive had apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?" If I the look at what is stored on the SD card, it shows under Apps & games a long green line with 170GB used, which is crazy. The only other stuff on the SD card is 10MB of photos - about 6 in all. Shows 0 bytes for Maps. One map (South Africa) is stored in memory and is 278 Mb is size. I tried to move this to SD, but it only offered to delete. not move. Any ideas?

Probably you have not deleted/formatted sd card before inserting it on a new device? You'll have to delete the earlier files only then you can use ur sd card for saving New apps and stuff :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster