My playlist keep going off on my Lumia 820

williog

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Please I need someone to help find solution to my playlist issue. Every time I sync from my laptop it shows up for a while and after some time it disappears again. Could it be the memory card that I use or what? Please some help me resolve this

FaceAcheNZ

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
*deep breath*

Okay, i'm really frustrated with this phone, so i'll do my best to keep my comments constructive.

Playlists, and syncing music.....

Syncing music; whenever i sync music, i get double everything. So every song on an album will play twice. If i delete one of the double-ups, the remaining song won't play. So i either have to NOT listen to the song at all, or listen to it TWICE (or continually skip to the next track, which is okay, but not ideal - Microsoft should have this sort of thing working perfectly). I've read the tips & tricks posted in the above thread - thanks muessig - but repeated formatting of the SD card, along with various methods of transferring music to it has had the same results - most songs duplicated (using Windows Media Player, Windows Explorer, the Windows Phone app, have even used a Ubuntu Linux install to transfer songs!!!). Not all songs duplicate, maybe 2 out of 10 aren't duplicated. Which makes it all the more frustrating.

There is nothing wrong with the SD card, it worked fine in my previous Huawei X3 (a very crappy phone when compared with the Lumia 820 .... on paper anyway). It also works fine when i format the SD card, transfer music to it via Windows Explorer in Windows 7 - no duplicates, until i put the SD card in the phone, where they then replicate.

I will also sync music with the windows Phone app, get these 8XXXXXXX errors saying it couldn't sync, but then find on the phone that it has sync'd ...... and duplicated.

*sigh*

Playlists; i have 50+gb worth of music on my PC's HDD, an 8gb SD card in the phone. So i transfer only the music i want to listen to whilst on the go to the phone. This means that playlists from the PC have lots of songs that are not on the phone. Not sure if this is the reason they refuse to sync, but they refuse to sync. So i have to transfer all the songs, and then painstakingly recreate any mixed playlists using the phone itself (like i have a "Poppy mix", a "Mellow mix", a "Heavy Rock mix" - having to do this because this awesome phone and the software that runs it is full of bugs, makes me want to smash stuff.

And can anyone help me understand the attached pic; apparently i have 15.17GB of music on an SD card with a capacity of 7.42GB, yet "It's lonely in here ...." ?!?!?! Seriously, ?!?!?!

I am sorry to sound so aggravated - i otherwise really like the phone, it's snappy, and the interface is awesome, but these issues are becoming deal-breakers. The other deal-breaker i have is that the bluetooth keeps dropping out when it is literally 15cm away from the device it's streaming to. I have to constantly re-pair and re-connect. I should probably put that in another thread, but really, at this stage, i'm at my wits end - i'm considering ditching this flaky phone and it's buggy supporting software, and getting an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy.

Can anyone please offer any advice that might help me here?

Attachments

• Windows Phone.jpg
    Windows Phone.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 5

Brainbow

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
i had the two same problems, even though i found a temporary measure. the way i solved the memory card full of music without showing any music is by doing a complete reset on the card. i know its a pain but it worked for me eventually. also the problem with your playlist constantly disappearing could be due to you turning off your phone. i found when my nokia lumia 820 turns off i lose my playlist and the information about the songs. however, if the problem persists i found that nokia technical support are great and as long as your phone is within warranty it's free. you go to http://www.nokiatechsupport.co.uk/NokiaIMEIPage type in your IMEI number you describe the problem, they pick it up from you, give status updates and tell you what they have done to solve the problem (or if they can't solve it send you a replacement), then send it back roughly a week later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett