Lumia 820 won't turn on after the NOKIA logo on the black screen. (SIM Unlocked)

ibeee9

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 820, I'm from Pakistan. Its a SIM Unlocked version.
It's battery ran out so i left it for a while without changing it. Like 2 hours.
When i got up to charge it, it turned on to the screen where there's a big battery with the red in it and a plug on it, was charging i guess.
And when it turned on, it was constantly kept showing me the NOKIA logo on the black background. and it didn't go past that, its still repeating that, I've done the reset thing with the exclamation screen and volume button combo. And it showed me the reset cog screen. Still nothing though. Still stuck on that reboot cycle with the NOKIA logo screen.
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
There are some unofficial ways of rebranding/reformatting your phone. Your phone is most likely bricked. Nokia did take down the software to do this thou. My best bet would be to take it back to where you bought it see if warranty will cover it. The next suggestion is to reach out to Nokia themselves. I hope this helps.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 820, I'm from Pakistan. Its a SIM Unlocked version.
It's battery ran out so i left it for a while without changing it. Like 2 hours.
When i got up to charge it, it turned on to the screen where there's a big battery with the red in it and a plug on it, was charging i guess.
And when it turned on, it was constantly kept showing me the NOKIA logo on the black background. and it didn't go past that, its still repeating that, I've done the reset thing with the exclamation screen and volume button combo. And it showed me the reset cog screen. Still nothing though. Still stuck on that reboot cycle with the NOKIA logo screen.
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

greetings from India Brother. I have a 820 and the battery ran out completely the other day. I just plugged it in. the screen was lit, but no Nokia logo. After some time came the battery icon. So I let it do its thing. After about 7 minutes, I gathered guts to reboot. Wallah! It booted just fine.

Now in your case, I suspect u did a reset while the battery was critically low And mid process, the battery died, thus taking the device with it. Take it to Nokia or just let it charge and then do a reset, which is I believe camera + vol down + power button.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That happens to iOS devices as well. In this case, the battery is really empty and still trying to recover until it can power up the unit just fine. Leave it for 10 minutes or so.

Santhosh justin

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I did my research and found it needs to reach 5% charge to boot.. else only cycle boot.. i used a battery drainer and did some research.. plug it in
wait for 5% roughly 15 mins

then boot

Antchexec

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if you have resolved this problem; but it happens to me, occasionally. The battery is reported as flat and I get a large battery icon on reboot, as you describe. No amount of rebooting the phone alters this state; and the battery does not seem to charge. It seems to me that this is some kind of lockup/crash; and is resolved by removing the battery, then putting it back. After doing this, mine reboots as normal, and the battery shows that it was full, after all.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett