WHOA! WHat just happened there...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So I have the 820!!! I love the phone...But just a while back...something really bizarre happened.

I have a black theme set with accent colour as Brown. The screen brightness set to Auto. Now when I walked out to have lunch, in day light, the Brown became cream and brown again and then cream. The damn thing was flickering between shades!

I need to know what to do. Since then, switched off my phone several times and turned it on again, the problem is gone. Now I am indoors with the brightness set to Auto to Low, Medium and High, interchanging. Nothing now.

Was it just some minor glitch? Did it come with the last update? Some notorious app to be blamed? Need to send it back to Nokia?

Even if I do go in the shop, chances are, the problem might not resurface again. So now way I can prove it to them the thing is faulty.

PS: Also one last thing, the display AND NOT the back heats up a lot ONLY on 3G. Not on WiFi. Could this be the reason?

PS 2: While this issue (of flickering) was happening, the lockscreen was strangely unaffected. No flickering on the lockscreen at all.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The problem may be the proximity sensor. Try leaving it in a pitch-black room for a minute or so and see if the problem fixes itself.

Also, anything that's glass on my 620 heats up when I surf the internet (on both Wi-Fi and 3G), so it's normal. Unless it gets way too hot to touch. (~40+ degrees C)

Also, you may have convinced me to keep the brown accent color. It's the only color so far that I've found that doesn't clash with the cyan shell. Thanks!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The problem may be the proximity sensor. Try leaving it in a pitch-black room for a minute or so and see if the problem fixes itself.

Also, anything that's glass on my 620 heats up when I surf the internet (on both Wi-Fi and 3G), so it's normal. Unless it gets way too hot to touch. (~40+ degrees C)

Also, you may have convinced me to keep the brown accent color. It's the only color so far that I've found that doesn't clash with the cyan shell. Thanks!

Cyan and brown looks awesome BTW. And, yes, I will keep it in a pitch dark room tonight. I am indoors right now and its not flickering. I almost skipped a beat there...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Cyan and brown looks awesome BTW. And, yes, I will keep it in a pitch dark room tonight. I am indoors right now and its not flickering. I almost skipped a beat there...
I meant that you should leave it in a pitch-black room with its screen turned on for a while (a minute should do the trick)

And, yes, cyan and brown is awesome.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the feature is sunlight readability. You can turn it off but see if leaving it in a pitch black room with the screen switched on and the phone unlocked for about ten minutes will recalibrate it.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This is a feature actually: sunlight readability.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Yeah the feature is sunlight readability. You can turn it off but see if leaving it in a pitch black room with the screen switched on and the phone unlocked for about ten minutes will recalibrate it.

Really? But why was it flickering then? It should stay on the colour right? Not go back to brown and then go a shade lighter. I was so scared...I saw the option in Display+touch and I see the "sunlight readability' as ON currently. So this wasn't a glitch or an issue with the hardware right?

What was very surprising was the lockscreen's colour didnt change one bit. WHen the tiles started to flicker, I locked the screen and it was fine. Swipped up and the tiles still flickered.
Sunlight readability is my best bet now...hopefully the device is fine. ANyone else get this?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Oops, I forgot all about that. Well, there's that. So, we're down to two problems/features and this seems more likely.

It is display+touch - sunlight readability

And yes, this was the reason of the "flickering" I just checked it. I went outside, bright and sunny and it happened again. Even the call screen goes grey. Then, switched off sunlight readability and boom..NOTHING!!

Big thanks to Paladinleeds and link68759...

In a world of super heroes, I would say, "You saved the day Boys..." :) :p :D

Thanks a millions!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786