Lumia 820 SD Card wont show up in Store Menu

razor_90

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 820 recognizes my sd Card(16 gb san disk)..
I am able to listen to music and watch videos from it.. It shows on my PC. I am able to cut,copy,paste, Format it ...
I did a soft reset once and it showed up in the Store menu .... But now it doesn't..
the problem is it does not show up in Store menu for installing games and applications. You can only install apps and games through store even if you have previously downloaded files..... I tried formatting it,soft reset, removed the card and put it back.. still it doesnot show up in store menu..

Also when i play Temple run for around 10-20 mins i lose 20-30% battery power...For music ~3hrs everyday while travelling i lose 10-15% for video ~1-1.5 hrs 25-40%...
In that case it does not deliver the promised 6hrs of video playback or 40-50 hrs of music playback...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
All u had to do was change your phone's country+region to either US or UK. Also, when you connect to the PC to copy items, disconnect from internet completely, i.e No WiFi OR 3G/4G.

Then reboot, connect to net and then wait for a couple of minutes and then tap on the Store. You should see it.

razor_90

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I tried your suggestion..changed region to US. Restarted my moblie..connected to net..but still no SD Card in Store...
I am able to install apps and games that i download via store...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried your suggestion..changed region to US. Restarted my moblie..connected to net..but still no SD Card in Store...
I am able to install apps and games that i download via store...

ok wait...

try this:

unable to find SD card option in STORE nokia lumia 520 - Microsoft Community

I did this and worked:

"I was also having the same issue with my lumia 620 i fixed it by following steps:

1) Copy your apps to sd card root directory( just after clicking on the sd card icon)
2) Disconnect your mobile from PC.
3) Restart your phone .
4) Connect your phone to internet (mobile or wifi)
5) Wait for 2-3 minute.
6) Now tap on store icon.
Now you will be able to see the sd card option and by selecting it i,t will show the list of both supported and unsupported apps separately.

select the app you want to install.

Note: while installing you must be connected to internet."

Also, hope u arent counting Internal SD card as SD card. They are different.

Alaa_Esam

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
XENOPHOS , I registered here just to tell you , Thank You very much dude :) , It was really really helpful and it helped so much , now I can push as many apps as my phone space can handle , thank you very much !

Last edited:

Saravana Muthaly

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
It happened to me too, well you need to put the app file in the sd card, then u need to restart the phone, then wait for a while and try opening the store, if it doesnt show up, then wait for little longer, keep the store open, and u will eventually see the SDCard option.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720