Wait wait.. did my Lumia just turn down the music volume FOR ME???

Lysander666

May 19, 2013
Visit site
So there I was listening to the new Havok album and things go quiet on the next song. What's going on, I thought, assuming a software glitch. But no, a warning had come up on the screen advising me against listening to music too loud lest I be victim to hearing damage.

Really? I mean... really? I have been listening to music on personal stereo devices for twenty years, do we really need this cotton-wool nannying from Nokia [or are they just worried about getting sued?]. Is there any way to override this?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had it happen to me, at least I think the same as your circumstances. Basically, some sort of glitch between the headphone connection and the phone caused the volume down button to be considered held thus turning down the volume to 0, while also locking out use of the back button (because the back button clears the little pop up that appears when you press volume down). Soft reset fixed it. Let me know if this fixes your problem.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That comes only once after you reset the phone. So if you are new to WP and this is first time you are going beyond 20 in the volume setting, it will show you the message. normally it doesn't come again.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
How is this possible? How can my phone know what volume it is playing at when it hasn't asked me what the resistance of my headphones is? Seems pretty loony to me.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The notification is for phone volume setting and not for connected headphone volume level. if you want to change level on headphone, it should have that built in if provided.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If the phone is going to warn me when the volume is at dangerous levels, then it follows that it has to know what the current output level is. Otherwise its comment about volume danger is just random and pointless. I don't believe it has a clue what the output level is because it has no idea what resistance the headphones provide. This is nothing to do with volume controls on headphones. If I plug my 16 ohm set in I get an entirely different output level at any given point in the phone's volume scale to my 32 ohm set (neither set has their own volume controls). Yet the message seems to occur at the same point in the phone's volume scale (19). I assert that it makes absolutely no sense for this message to pop up at all.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
That comes only once after you reset the phone. So if you are new to WP and this is first time you are going beyond 20 in the volume setting, it will show you the message. normally it doesn't come again.

Not true in my experience. Every time I get into some Darkened and turn up the volume, (after a few hours) it will just give me that damn warning! I get it almost once a day and it is very bothersome.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Not true in my experience. Every time I get into some Darkened and turn up the volume, (after a few hours) it will just give me that damn warning! I get it almost once a day and it is very bothersome.
same here its one bug a boo that irks the heck out me more than anything

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos