Sudden battery drain to zero?

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 820 was having charge around 30-40% before sleeping at night (on WiFi). When I woke up in the morning the phone was dead! Its shocking cause it never happened before. Even with 20-30% at night the phone use to survive till morning. So what exactly is killing the battery like this cause this has only happened once before,any help would be great.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There may be a few causes.
1. The battery meter was just inaccurate.
2. A problematic app (look at which apps run in the background)
3. The place where you kept your phone had horrible Wi-Fi and Cellular reception.

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
There may be a few causes.
1. The battery meter was just inaccurate.
2. A problematic app (look at which apps run in the background)
3. The place where you kept your phone had horrible Wi-Fi and Cellular reception.

could be possible the battery meter was wrong but this is word,and I have apps which run in the background which cannot be disabled (I highly doubt its Facebook beta). But the phone was near the router so that cannot be the issue :|

matrixcruiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Facebook beta did the same to my phone.

But even if you uninstall the facebook app the problem might not be gone.
Some background processes of the operating system just hang because of the faulty app or something. You can see the drain without any app running in the background.
The only thing that will help is to restart the phone. Turning airplane mode on/off helped sometimes.

I the follwoing picture i marked idle times at different dates. The red one is normal idle with wlan, data, email on. The gray one is the idle drain when something is not right in the background.

wp_ss_20130602_0001.png

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
On my Sammy focus I can have a full charge battery and for what ever reason it restarts it says I need to charge my battery because it's at 0
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanx OP for making this thread. I too have the same issue. The battery doesnt even last 5 hours. I fully charged my phone at night before sleeping. So when I went to bed, the battery was 85+. Morning when I left for work, the damn thing was less than 25%. I dont know what's going on. First thing I removed was Skype. And oh, WiFi and Data both were shut BTW.

Can someone one suggest what apps to remove. I will gladly do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss