Nokia Lumia 820 keep freezing and crashing all the time

nhendrata

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

hi all,

i bought my nokia lumia 820 around April. at the 1st week i was experiencing some crash, freeze, and heat up. when the heat was increasing, suddenly it will restart / freeze so i have to pull out the battery and that was really killing me because it's quite hurt and my back cover quite damage. sometimes it crashed 10x a day.
i already upgrade the software into 1308.

is there anybody experiencing something similar with mine? :crying::crying::crying:

please help - how to solve this? i went to Nokia Care once and they just checking and upgrading the software but it seems nothing change. my phone still freezing and restating by itself.

:angry::angry:

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The firmware is now up to 1314 and that was supposed to deal with that issue for people getting it. Have u tried a soft reset?? If u haven't this "might" work. Hold the power button and the volume down button for roughly 10 secs, the phone will turn off and reboot! You don't need to do anything to turn it back on as it will reboot by itself. Hope u get it sorted ;)

nhendrata

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The firmware is now up to 1314 and that was supposed to deal with that issue for people getting it. Have u tried a soft reset?? If u haven't this "might" work. Hold the power button and the volume down button for roughly 10 secs, the phone will turn off and reboot! You don't need to do anything to turn it back on as it will reboot by itself. Hope u get it sorted ;)

hi..thanks for your answer. yes, sometimes i did the soft reset. but it just helps my nails. :p my phone still freezing and restarting.

:(

there's no updates on my phone now. it is still 1308. because when i check to my phone info in 'ABOUT', it says firmware revision number: 1232.5957.1308.0002, and the OS version : 8.0.10211.204.
that's the 1308 software, right?

thanks for helping me..

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have 1308 as well but Nokia released 1314 in Australia a week or so ago and I haven't got the update yet but hopefully you'll get it soon. I think you should take it to a Nokia Care point and have them check it out :)

nhendrata

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually i did ask for replacement when i went to the Nokia Care for the 1st time to repair it. but - In Indonesia, there's no replacement on Nokia regulation. the maximum that they can do is just repair/replace the machine - or we can say the hardware. no new phone. :( i really disappointed with this product.. I switch to Lumia from Blackberry. now i miss my Blackberry becausee of this Freeze things.

by the way, my phone just got freeze again around 5x within this 10 minutes. fiuuhhh..

i think the new update hasn't come to Indonesia yet. i don't know when will it come. better soon.

IC Blues

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm from Indonesia and I also use 820. Have you tried to hard reset your phone and use it as it is. I mean use your phone without any apps. I think one of your app might cause your problem.

nhendrata

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm from Indonesia and I also use 820. Have you tried to hard reset your phone and use it as it is. I mean use your phone without any apps. I think one of your app might cause your problem.

Hi. Hard reset's meaning go to reset factory setting? if does so, i did already. but - i download some apps. such as: whatsapp, twitter, FB and Line. somehow, the freezing still going. do you use Whatsapp, FB, Twitter, etc? if you use it, why my phone turns into pain in the *ss with that apps and yours doesn't?

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've heard certain apps (Whatsapp) mess with phones. @greynightshirt we have 1314 in Aussie but I haven't got it yet, which is strange coz my phone is unbranded!!!

IC Blues

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Hard reset's meaning go to reset factory setting? if does so, i did already. but - i download some apps. such as: whatsapp, twitter, FB and Line. somehow, the freezing still going. do you use Whatsapp, FB, Twitter, etc? if you use it, why my phone turns into pain in the *ss with that apps and yours doesn't?
Simple, I did not install Whatsapp and I hardly use Line. I only use Skype or messenger with my family.

dwagle

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I recently updated the firmware- a week ago- and then the phone (lumia 820) started behaving bad- just freezes and touch function doesn't work. did reset (power and volume down button) several times, works for a while but return back to its bad form. was working fine before the firmware upgrade. is there any way to revert to pre-firmware upgrade?

Jody Micallef

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This has been happening to me, it keeps freezing and turning white, I got a replacement today as I am within the 2 week period of starting this contract. But now it has happened twice, both to the same phones, so I am not sure whether I want to replace it with a different phone. I do have apps installed on it but that should not be causing it to freeze and turn white so soon of receiving it.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It's not the apps, obviously.
I have my L820 for like 4 month now and no problems!
It's the best phone I've used so far.
I suggest you guys go to store and activate warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett