Activate 4G

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
When is Nokia going to release an update for us to activate 4G. My network will be releasing 4G shortly and there is no way to any update to activate this.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
There's only one network that only has 4G and that EE, you wont get the update until the rest of the carriers have set up and are ready to start the action.

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
If you already have 3g with said carrier then do not worry. Once they release the improved network data then your phone will receive the additional bands assuming it is a compatible phone to begin with. There shouldn't be any updating on your part, the network should push the change onto your handset automatically and then you will be able to pick up a 4g signal.

AndyAndyAndy

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Vodafone UK and got an update to allow 4G around the same time that I noticed H+ (HSDPA Evolved) showing up in a few select places. When you look at the extras+info area of settings your "Mobile Operator" shows up there so I assume that the settings (and bands) available on your handset depend on what operator you're using. If your phone is unlocked and you try a Vodafone UK sim in it I think you might find that (after a software update?) you'll have the 4G band available.

I'd echo the thoughts of the other respondents that when Three begin to utilise the 4G bands, they'll enable them for your handset.

AndyAndyAndy

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
If you're paying for 4G (not sure how it works over in the states but in the UK the carrier (EE) wants ??? for 4G as will the other carriers when they launch their 4G services) then get on to the network customer service guys about it. You have a 4G phone (check the bands are compatible) so should receive a 4G signal. It might be that your phone has slipped through the net and they can get nokia/ms/themselves to push an update activating it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon