Volume control acting wonky

Mister Underhill

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the little amber contact plate that goes on top of the button has broken off. Time to replace the phone.

Can any of you recommend any utilities for backing up apps for transfer to a new phone? Thanks in advance.

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
If your new phone is a Windows Phone, you can go to Settings-Back Up-App List+Settings-Enable it and choose Back Up Now. This took only a minute or two to back up the app and once you have your new WP, make sure you have high internet connection as it will automatically download apps according to the backed up that you did.

If your new phone is NOT a Windows Phone, unfortunately, I can't help you as I have no experience on that one.

I however recommend you to fix your Lumia 820. Bring your phone to nearest Nokia Care as they will fix your phone.

I hope everything goes well to you after this. :)

Mister Underhill

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
If your new phone is a Windows Phone, you can go to Settings-Back Up-App List+Settings-Enable it and choose Back Up Now. This took only a minute or two to back up the app and once you have your new WP, make sure you have high internet connection as it will automatically download apps according to the backed up that you did. If your new phone is NOT a Windows Phone, unfortunately, I can't help you as I have no experience on that one. I however recommend you to fix your Lumia 820. Bring your phone to nearest Nokia Care as they will fix your phone. I hope everything goes well to you after this. :)
Thanks for the info. Didn't know about the Nokia Care option; I'll have to see if one is nearby. If I do get a new phone, it'll be another 820. Been with Windows Phone since it came out and am definitely sticking with the platform. iPhone is boring and Android is still a miserable overall experience.

MSfiend

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Once in awhile I have an issue with my volume not changing whether I try to turn it up or down, I then have to restart my phone.

Verizon HTC 8X

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you on the USA? If you still have your warranty, you could always get a fix or replacement FROM the store where you bought your 820.

Outside of the USA(And another countries), we can get our phone fixed with the help of 'Nokia Care'. Not sure about some countries..

Mister Underhill

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Got it replaced. I was lucky, because the warranty only covers software. Normally i would have had to go to a Microsoft store for any hardware-related issues, but they let this one slide.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon