Virus via Bluetooth

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No, there used to be something called "bluejacking" and stuff like that, but you can't pair devices without your accepting and entering a passcode.
however its possible, since BT can be used to transfer files, but i dont see it happening, even on android

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It won't happen on WP. WP is so closed down... I would actively try to find BT vulnerabilities, and report any to xda the moment you do so we can get some jailbreak progress :)

Someone would of course had to have found a vulnerability for that to happen, and I doubt any exist over the rather useless implementation of obex we have.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

aquimosa

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It is possible to be inflicted with virus but it wont affect wp8, in case you insert your sd card where the virus resides, your pc or other phones will be infected also, had this problem but my pc anti virus got it quarantined.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It is possible to be inflicted with virus but it wont affect wp8, in case you insert your sd card where the virus resides, your pc or other phones will be infected also, had this problem but my pc anti virus got it quarantined.

Bluetooth transfers can't even touch the SD card unless it's a music or video file- no virus is going to get through.

Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Tapatalk

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately although most computers and mobile phones are easy to protect and usually require authorised pairing for bluetooth devices there are far too many TV's, loudspeakers and other devices that have auto-pairing and the manufacturers of these types of devices are unlikely to supply updates or even support after the 12 month warranty period is up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa