can't edit wifi

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That's set by the router automatically because of DHCP unless you want to manually assign IP address to your phone and all devices connected to your network since setting fixed IP for phone might cause IP conflict over the network

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Sure you can. But you will have to set up static routing on your router. I know you can assign a specific address from the router. I'm not sure if you can edit the ip from the phone itself but that's cuz I've never really played with static routing. If it's not your router or you're on a public network then you will not be able to edit the ip address because it will be automatically assigned thru DHCP.

--edit: DNS on the router can be changed. Dunno if u can change the DNS of cell data

Jeff Noisette

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Sure you can. But you will have to set up static routing on your router. I know you can assign a specific address from the router. I'm not sure if you can edit the ip from the phone itself but that's cuz I've never really played with static routing. If it's not your router or you're on a public network then you will not be able to edit the ip address because it will be automatically assigned thru DHCP.

Yes it's my router. But how would I be able to do what you said?

Jeff Noisette

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Most WiFi routers (not sure if all) assign IPs to connected devices automatically even after changing DNS so you should be fine

No. For some reason all the devices that use my WiFi requires the DNS to be put correctly because for some odd reason it keep giving incorrect DNS. So I edit my laptop, tablet and even my ps3 and it works. My Nokia won't let me edit at all.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
In wifi router there should be a setting to set automatic dhcp, that is responsible to set dynamic ip addresses to all connected devices.

Jeff Noisette

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
In wifi router there should be a setting to set automatic dhcp, that is responsible to set dynamic ip addresses to all connected devices.

Thank you guys. I enabled it and it's fine now. Thank you once again. In my opinion though I still wish Microsoft allowed us to edit just for just in case reasons. Once again everyone thank you

Apocalypto1989

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I saw your post about your Wi-Fi settings.. Today I purchased HTC Windows Phone 8X, and same thing happened to me, I cannot edit the subnet mask.

Can you please tell me exactly what you did to get it work?

I really appreciate if you can help me.

Steven.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I saw your post about your Wi-Fi settings.. Today I purchased HTC Windows Phone 8X, and same thing happened to me, I cannot edit the subnet mask.

You need to open the web page for your router and edit it there, but you can't just edit a subnet mask... It must match the router or routing will cease.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss