Lumia 820 GDR2 Update via Nokia Software updater for Retail

Regenbui

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

As the update method via Nokia Case Suite wasn't working for me, I decided to download Nokia Software Updater for Retail. Installed the software, hit update and it downloaded the Amber version for my phone. Update went just fine.

Download wper com Nokia Software Updater for Retail rar
Password is : bbs.wper.com

After install it will download the 3.0.05 version automatically.

p.s. I have a unbranded phone, so not sure if it works for branded devices.
p.s After update, data will be restored, not sure if it restores all data, but at least all my apps are back.

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
This is very dependant on your location and your device variant. I'm in the UK on an unbranded unlocked 820 (RM-825) and this update is nowhere in sight for us. Good luck to you if it worked.
I used this method last time around and it's pretty painless and think it's good to factory reset every now and then. When it does arrive, I'll be amongst the first to know as I check daily, and have done for the last three or four bloody weeks.... :wink::wink:

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
p.s After update, data will be restored, not sure if it restores all data, but at least all my apps are back.
It will not restore your data if you do it with NSU for retail. So pics / music / in progress games whatever stored on phone will be gone. The restored apps you are seeing, would be installed again once you update the phone and login to ms account after that. it will restore most of your settings and apps, but not contents.

busyman96

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The update shows up for me, too. It has 1.29 GB total, so I'm still downloading. Thanks for the tip, OP!

Edit: Did not work. "Something went wrong. There was as error. Please try again. Error code: InternalError." in NSU when attempting to install. My phone is also unbranded.

Last edited:

busyman96

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Nevermind. I flashed it in a different way, using WperHelper.

[8/15

The site is in Chinese, and if you manage to get past that you can find the WperHelper software (also in Chinese) that downloads ROMs from the available list and flashes your phone.

Teejey

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Regenbui, are there any specific system requirements to run this software. It does not seem to work on my PC. I am currently using Vista on my PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss