Sorry, we can't play this file on your phone

Oli McNicholas

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
So I was at Leeds Festival 2013 at the weekend and I thought I'd use my Lumia to record some decent quality videos of the acts I saw, however there is a problem with some of the videos, when I tap a thumbnail, I'm presented with a grey tile and a video that is apparently 00:00 long. Then when I press play, I get 'Sorry, we can't play this file on your phone'. Not sure what is happening here because some of the videos are fine, it just seems to be completely random as to which ones have been affected. There are other videos I've recorded which work fine, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing to do with it being a different file type. I've connected my phone to my laptop to see if they'll work there but still nothing, my laptop still tells me the duration is 00:00, but it still shows that the file has a size (e.g. 2GB) which leads me to believe there's some way of getting to it, but I really have no idea. It's such a shame because the bands were great, I just don't want to have to rely on my memories when I think of them. I've tried to look for some sort of solution, but there doesn't seem to be much information on the matter, any help would be great!:unhappysweat:

Danny King

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes I accidently press the capture button twice, think I'm recording something, only to find I've recorded a 0 second video file and get the exact message you get.

Might not be the case here, but it does happen to me!

Dave Walsh

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You need to use a class 6 and above SD card, or unmount SD card and record to phone, switch phone off and on to remount SD Card...

Disturber

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Bump. Having the same error "Sorry, we can't play this file on your phone"

Lumia 920 black update.
Video is grey tile, 0:00. Can't play it on phone or pc using Windows Video app(error: 0xc00d36c4), also tried with VLC, no luck.
Under Properties it says 316mb size, .mp4.

Tried recording another video and it works fine, every other video i have on the phone works fine too. Would be really nice if i could get it working on pc somehow, ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos