Nokia Lumia 820 - Lumia Amber Update - error 80072ee2

Jakub Steplowski

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Nokia Lumia 820 (T-Mobile Poland).
Since 27 August 2013, the Lumia Amber PR2 update for my Lumia 820 is available!
The problem is: I can't download it.

When I checking the updates, always, I get the same error: 80072ee2!
The same error for 96 hours.

I use my Lumia 820 in Italy, with an italian SIM (I don't use the T-Mobile Poland SIM, homever my Lumia haven't the SIMLOCK), can this be the problem?

I posted this problem on Microsoft Community, where I was advised to reset the phone.
I did it. Nothing change...

I searched on google the error "80072ee2"... it's a Windows Update server overload. 96 hours of overload???

Please, tell me what can I do to fix this problem.
Thanks!!!

Best Regards,
Jakub Steplowski

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Check the usual things, restart etc.. Is your date set correctly? Windows phone has a lot of problems otherwise, maybe that's the problem..
Also, are you on a WiFi network with some kind of web filter (at work, or with a children filter, even unactivated)? This max make a secure connection impossible, leading to an error. Last thing you might look at is your region, do you have it set to the another state to install an app? Try setting it back to your real one.,

Chew Wong

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
You don't need to reset the phone for downloading. It is not the fault of your phone. It is the server overload. I had the same problem. I update my Lumia 920 early in the morning when most of us are sleeping. Bingo! It went through.:grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon