After factory reset, I HAVE NO GDDR2 - older firmware

Arpi

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi
After a People Hub crash and numerous Email-sync freezes i decide to reset my Phone.
After make factory reset (soft reset) i see something interesting.
A had a GDDR2 update on my Phone, and now i missing some future, they came with the GDDR2 update.
When i search for the updates, its nothing i can update.
OS 8.0.10211.204
Firmware: 1232.5957.1308.0002

Its possible that i downgrade the phone firmware with the factory reset?

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi
After a People Hub crash and numerous Email-sync freezes i decide to reset my Phone.
After make factory reset (soft reset) i see something interesting.
A had a GDDR2 update on my Phone, and now i missing some future, they came with the GDDR2 update.
When i search for the updates, its nothing i can update.
OS 8.0.10211.204
Firmware: 1232.5957.1308.0002

Its possible that i downgrade the phone firmware with the factory reset?

No, technically it is not possible. Are you sure you were on GDR2? What features are you missing?

Arpi

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi
What i missing is:
Storage check -> before the reset in the settings menu was a storage check option, now its gone
In the settings menu was before the reset more options.....
display and touch --> less options....

What i m missing is mostly Nokia Updates.

Ymanish

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi
What i missing is:
Storage check -> before the reset in the settings menu was a storage check option, now its gone
In the settings menu was before the reset more options.....
display and touch --> less options....

What i m missing is mostly Nokia Updates.

SStorage check is not a part of gdr2....use syspusher app to update nokia updates

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
When you do a hard reset, did your contacts remain? (I mean phone contacts, not Facebook, etc., that come from online sites). I'm just curious. I think they are stored on the SIM card, but want to make sure they don't go away with a reset. Alternately, is there a way to back up contacts to the Cloud somewhere?

Ymanish

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
If someone gets amber and then resets the phone....will amber be still available or he have to update it again???

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If someone gets amber and then resets the phone....will amber be still available or he have to update it again???

When you reset, it goes back to the last installed os so if it's amber, it'll be amber. To bring out the other features though, system apps need to be updated

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Arun Yadav

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
hello everyone!
Hard reset and Restoring your phone both are different. Hard reset means restore your phone to factory setting means u lost all software updates including with Amber also. But when you do only restore your phone through settings it will only erase your data and installed apps. it will not effect your firmware.
I have tried both. When i did restore from settings my firmware update is still there but when I did hard reset I lost all firmware updates and Amber too.
I just did hard reset in the morning and after that I got to know all this.

Hard reset steps -
1. Turn the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, you will see an exclamation mark (!) on the screen.

Then press the keys in this exact order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down
The phone will reset and restart.

I did this and i lost all my software and firmware updates. Now I don't have any idea how to get firmware update now when I just lost it from my device.

And for confirmation I would like to tell one more thing that after firmware update only your device will be able to have Amber update and it will shows in your settings in extra info that you have Amber update in your device or not.
And missing feature of amber update is "call+sms filter" which is now missing from my device and when I tried to download it from market it says that this application is not compatible with your device but earlier I have that feature when I have Amber update.

Jindra

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that is true. It is the same for me, I got Amber few months ago (L820 Telef?nica O2 Czech Republic, Europe) and now I reset the phone to Factory defaults from Settings -> About. I lost my Amber features, such a Network+, Audio, etc., all of these features posted in that thread with QR codes... I followed those steps and installed all of these features, except one: Extras+info. The phone tells me that this feature is not available for my phone. I tried QR codes or SysApp Pusher, it is the same. Now I cannot use call+sms filter and even there is no Amber logo in Extras+info anymore after Factory reset. I am definitelly sure that I was able to use call+sms filter and I saw the Amber logo before reset.
In addition, in Extras+info I can read my version: 1.1.33.5
And there is no update available for my phone, of course. Can anybody help me, please? Thank you in advance. J.

dwbmb

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hard reset and Restoring your phone both are different. Hard reset means restore your phone to factory setting means u lost all software updates including with Amber also. But when you do only restore your phone through settings it will only erase your data and installed apps. it will not effect your firmware.

Oh God. To be perfectly clear: Even with Hard reset you WILL NOT LOSE OS (GDR2 or whatever version) or firmware (like Amber) updates. What you WILL LOSE, are apps and their settings. While some Nokia features (glance screen, network+, access point, display+touch etc... ) are in fact being updated like apps from Store, you will need to wait about one day for Store to offer these apps installations and updates OR you can force it by using direct links (or QR codes) for these apps. But once again - you WILL NOT lose GDR2 and Amber updates with Hard reset.

dwbmb

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Jindra, don't you have GDR3 installed? If you do, switch your phone locale to US and then try again. There are wrong compatibility information in some Nokia system apps, this will do the trick. After update, Switch back to Česky a m? to.

Last edited:

Jindra

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh, man, incredible. I have no GDR3 installed, I think it is still unavailable for me to download. Phone is six months old, so I don't want to flash it due to warranty void. BUT - I switched to United States location (language too, just to be sure) and that really did the trick. Now I can update Extras+info (used SysApp Pusher). Even I got Amber logo in xtras. After switchin back to Czech, all is still working. M?m to, I'm very happy now. Thank you for help. J

dwbmb

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Great to hear that. Changing region to US often unlocks some other Stuff in Store. If you are curious, try to switch region to US again, restart phone and look into Nokia collection in Store, there is much more apps to download. You gain access to more Nokia Beta apps too. When you change back to Czech region, it remains working (except Hulu and similar apps depending on services available only in US).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett