cracked display of nokia lumia 820 in india

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

My brother's nokia lumia 820 got cracked and want to know if its covered under warranty and if not how much will it cost in India? Basically the phone got dropped from the top of the washing machine and the inside display got cracked the upper glass is fine. The display is the main thing so it's getting started but only lines are appearing. Anybody from India who knows the price please let me know.

Thank you.

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
The problem is yesterday was Sunday and today is national holiday so I have not been to the Nokia care center as of yet. Also I want to know the price of the display and that's why I am asking.

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
The problem is yesterday was Sunday and today is national holiday so I have not been to the Nokia care center as of yet. Also I want to know the price of the display and that's why I am asking.

if both lcd and digitizer are broken approx INR 9,000..if any one thing is working approx. 4,000...

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hang on a minute, if it's INR 4000 for replacing either part, why is is 9000 to replace both? 1000 tip? If you need both replaced, I suggest you visit the shop twice. Once you've got the digitiser fixed, go back and order a replacement screen separately. That way it'll only cost you 8000 instead of 9000.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
PS Nokia Care should be able to fix the screen on site in about an hour. That's what they can manage in their Preston UK shop.

dinesh_altius

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
My screen got shattered too. Went to the Nokia care as I was not a big fan of duplicate display. Was shocked when Nokia care quoted the price. They told me that for only the display it'd take 10k, only the touch would take 7k, and together they'll take around 17k. New mobile is retailing around 19-20k. I just told them to give back my mobile. I went to a local store and got everything fixed up for 6k.

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
My screen got shattered too. Went to the Nokia care as I was not a big fan of duplicate display. Was shocked when Nokia care quoted the price. They told me that for only the display it'd take 10k, only the touch would take 7k, and together they'll take around 17k. New mobile is retailing around 19-20k. I just told them to give back my mobile. I went to a local store and got everything fixed up for 6k.
That's too much they quoted because they charged only 6k from my bro.

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hang on a minute, if it's INR 4000 for replacing either part, why is is 9000 to replace both? 1000 tip? If you need both replaced, I suggest you visit the shop twice. Once you've got the digitiser fixed, go back and order a replacement screen separately. That way it'll only cost you 8000 instead of 9000.

Wow..Sorry for my bad maths.. ;)
it was just an approximate prices to give him and idea..mine was fixed for around 8500..

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

Dont know why they quoted this much..i got mine fixed for 8500..two months back..

hemantraha

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Dear Nokian’s,

Recently the touch & LCD of the handset got broken for the Lumia 820, I visited your service center on 19th Feb 2013 the very next day after the incident , they serviced it & given me a bill of Rs 10,500/- I paid the bill without wasting any time, later on the same day I came to know from one of my friend who is working in Nokia care only in different place the price they charged me is double , so now I just want to know that what is the charges for getting serviced my broken LCD & PDA (Broken touch) . I know that LCD & PDA comes at the rate of rs 4600 to 4800 , then how come they had charged me double ??

I know I am not an big customer, but trust me I am a nokia Fan user & even still my all family members are using Nokia Phones only, hence with a hope I am writing this here & if some one from nokia Can help me out hence seeking a resolution, Is nokia now thinking to Loot the customer’s so that they become they become rich overnight . I hope some one definitely gonna will pay attention on my msg & help to resolve the issue & will be penalizing the Agency for your customer’s sake.

Now Please Tell me few things :-

1. Is Nokia & it’s team is into a new business of looting customer’s ???
2. My Handset while purchasing cost me Rs 23000/- & with repairs the cost had become Rs 33,500/- , can you guys please provide me a Handset with costing Rs 33,500/- after this loot which had happened to me .
3. How will company gonna compensate me for the suffering’s I had gone through during this entire episode.

I personally feeling Humiliated & there should be some strict action which needs to be taken against this Service Center , may be service center had changed all the Parts of the handset while providing them the handset for repair works.

Details of Service Centre :-
Name :- Saha Enterprise
Address :- N.S. Road, Dangalpara, Suri, Birbhum, West Bengal , India :- 731101.
Contact No. :- 9800917172 & 9635803060

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo