Is the Windows Phone Amber update for the Lumia 820 really....

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Is the Windows Phone Amber update for the Lumia 820 really that difficult or are the AT&T techs really that stupid?? Why is it taking so long?? Could it be that since they are phasing the 820 model out, they truly don't care any longer for the 820 users? Just wondering?!?!?! :)

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps since the OS is the same as the 810 AT&T sees this as an issue. As you see MS has suspended it not TM

This is on T Mobile's site:
Important: The software update availability for the Nokia Lumia 810 has been temporarily paused. We will update this document when the software is once again available for download.
Microsoft will send (as of this date they haven't) notification that the software update is available, but you can manually pull the over the air update when it is available by going to phone update > check for updates

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say this; but 820's all over the world have been updated with GDR2 and they don't seem to be having a problem with them. Everyone keeps saying WAIT, it will happen. Well they said the end of September, so I will wait until the end of September. But from what I have heard the people that own 920's on AT&T have not been updated either, but customers with 920's in other parts of our dear planet have gotten the update without problems. Sure sounds like an AT&T problem. I really like the 820; but to tell the truth it would not bother me to go back to Android ( I have two Android tablets). I have already set aside the money to get a different phone in case AT&T has turned its back on WP8. But for now I am waiting; but I will not wait forever. What really bothers me is if they are having this much trouble getting out GDR2 how long do you think they will take getting out the next two updates that are much larger and more complicated. Food for thought.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone with an unbranded GDR2 820 tried it on AT&T yet? I bet it works. I'm guessing the US companies don't like the update because they think it's communist made... GDR and all... :)

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone with an unbranded GDR2 820 tried it on AT&T yet? I bet it works. I'm guessing the US companies don't like the update because they think it's communist made... GDR and all... :)

I've got an unlocked, unbranded Lumia 820. I'm using it on AT&T in the US. It DOES work. AT&T is just taking their sweet time releasing the update. They want to put their own crapware on it (which can be uninstalled on WP anyway). I don't really think there is any reason why they shouldn't just release it.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
AT&T is the one holding back, none of the phones have GDR2 yet. As fdalbor mentioned plenty of Lumias have gotten GDR2 (including T-Mo & VZ) and are running without issue, including my HK 720. I will more then likely be looking out for a overseas 1520 variant that is unlocked and works on AT&T when released. With that said WP has had a way better update schedule than Android ever did for me. And hearing friends and reading forums the updates for Android are still far and few between. :unhappy:

kubiaxk

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Dont worry guys, you are not alone ... I am currently facing same issue here at Slovakia. Not getting OTA update even when I purchased Unbranded L820.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prestionmarsh