How Lumia 820's camera quality compare to a Galaxy S2?

PratyayDas Sarma

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of buying the Lumia 820 as an upgrade to my galaxy ace. Of course the Lumia 820 is a much better phone in terms of processing power and for it being just sexy looking, but I wanted to know that is it a good camera phone? I really like to buy the the Lumia 820..... I dont want an 12 or 13 mp phones because those are a bit overkill for a phone camera, at least for me :smile: . So it would be very helpful to me if you give me a verdict, and post some daytime and night time/low light photos of it with the flash on............ Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:.

P.S

Some are saying that the camera is bad in flash photography atleast in automode, but the fill flash settings in the camera app solves the problem. Is it true?, pls guys I need help!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of buying the Lumia 820 as an upgrade to my galaxy ace. Of course the Lumia 820 is a much better phone in terms of processing power and for it being just sexy looking, but I wanted to know that is it a good camera phone? I really like to buy the the Lumia 820..... I dont want an 12 or 13 mp phones because those are a bit overkill for a phone camera, at least for me :smile: . So it would be very helpful to me if you give me a verdict, and post some daytime and night time/low light photos of it with the flash on............ Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:.

P.S

Some are saying that the camera is bad in flash photography atleast in automode, but the fill flash settings in the camera app solves the problem. Is it true?, pls guys I need help!
I never owned the 820 directly but I did own the American Variant, the 810.

Fact....the 810/820/822 camera is not on the same level as nokias current high end models.

But it is a great camera. When I had the 810, the camera was on par with some android phones such as the galaxy s3 and even the iphone 5....you can still get great pictures with it and I am not sure but I think the 820 has received a software upgrade(or it will soon) which enhances the camera quality even more :)

If your budget can get it, you should try and get a lumia 920. I think the prices for the 820 and 920 aren't too far off but the 820 is a great phone I am sure since my 810 was good and the 810 is just the American version of it.

PratyayDas Sarma

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks for the quick reply! Sadly the 920 retails for around $500 which is much higher than the 820's price of $350 and also out of my league :(
P.S
If some one posts some night time shots with the flash on then that would be great! Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
My mother had a Galaxy S2 and at least for me, Lumia 820 is the winner. Night photos and video recorder are much better, but sometimes S2 have a better auto white balance. Still that, Lumia 820 is capable to get better photos.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
If photography takes priority for you over gaming, go for the 720, has better camera, design but lacks 1GB RAM

720 doens't have a better cam. I can prove that (my co-work in front of me have one). Still very good and slightly better at night photos than 820, but in overall, 820 is better.

820 Overall performance better too. 50% greater clock and 100% more RAM, like you said. Not only games works better, overall performance is better. Less "loading screens" and crash proof system too.

PratyayDas Sarma

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm going to go for the Lumia 820, by the way how about the flash? surely the dual led flash lights up a subject more than the 720's single one? Can you post some flash photos mate! not macro flash but from a little distance.........

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
720 doens't have a better cam. I can prove that (my co-work in front of me have one). Still very good and slightly better at night photos than 820, but in overall, 820 is better.

820 Overall performance better too. 50% greater clock and 100% more RAM, like you said. Not only games works better, overall performance is better. Less "loading screens" and crash proof system too.

Well i don't own one but there was an article on wpcentral praising the 720 cam better than 820, good to know from you.

PratyayDas Sarma

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a Galaxy phone? S2 or S3? can you compare them to the 820?

PratyayDas Sarma

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Have you updated your fone to Amber? It enhances 820 camera.
Haven't bought it yet..... That is why I'm wondering about the camera quality at night specially while using the flash(I'm a pub going person, so.. :smile: ). I don't have the budget to buy the 920, it's either s2 or the 820.

Sabri Bt

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm the happy owner of a 820 since a month now and my 2 biggest concerns were the camera and the headphones sound quality and guess what !? the sound quality that the handset delivers through the headphones is excellent but I honestly think the camera is just a bit above AVERAGE... I have recently got GDR2/AMBER update and I'm not noticing the diffrence but I somehow managed to install NOKIA PRO CAM application and THAT made a diffrence (not a huge one though). The main problem with the camera is NOISE especially in low light shots but those taken indoors can be shoot without flash, noise is considerably reduced then (see samples on my facebook page). Anyway, I'm happy with the LUMIA 820 but if I had the budget I'd go for the 920.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb