Lumia 820 Philippine Users

Jeric820PH

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I would like to gather up some Lumia 820 users from the Philippines. Share your ideas, Photos, your 820 experiences, Problems, Add-ons, Accessories and other stuffs that others may find useful. Please do not cause trouble on this thread. Let's share and spread the Happiness we are receiving from our 820. Mabuhay! \o/ Feel free to talk in Tagalog or English :)

Let me start of with my experiences and such. I bought my 820 Last friday, it was at the price of 11,380 from an online store.. So far it has been bug free..no problems and such.. I already updated to GDR2 and Amber.. Yesterday was the end of the replacement warranty of the online store (though they have a 1 year service warranty) So after the 3 days of observing the phone it was alright. I finally put some investment to it. Bought a whole body protection from Zagg Invishield here in SM Dasma for 1500. Honestly I was regretting on getting the back should had just got the front screen..xD Today i bought a Back Nilkin case in sulit for 600 +150 for shipping. Cant wait to get it tomorrow. Cause im too cautious in laying my phone is tables and all without any case, I feel like it's gonna break and crack..LOL . Only problem i have is the battery life. Even on standby it eats quite a big % of battery maybe because of my background apps and 3g is always on.. xD Bought some apps aswell. Got TR:Brave,Metrotube,Asphalt 7,Rayman.. That's all for now.. All I can say is the 820 was a nice purchase for me. Not regretting a single things about the Lumia 820

markybean

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
hi boss, can you post your case or shiled and actual images?.. I'm planning to buy after a month pag hindi na makinis ang 820 ko.. lol

then, buti ka pa at 11,380 lang bili mo... ako 19k via credit card sa Mall last 2 weeks... may nag offer ng 12k sa online pero malabo ang transaction, tagal mag reply eh... Swak na swak naman talaga ang Lumia 820 compared sa ibang lumia models, 920 na sana ako kaso wala cardslot.. yun lang yun downside eh..

johndanvic

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys! Got mine from Globe last July, as a renewal to my postpaid plan.

Yes, sadly, 820's battery life is quite bad. Also, the phone gets quite hot if you play too much games, or use any app that consumes mobile data (especially 4G). I suggest not to put live tiles that updates too much, and check your background applications, block those apps that you do not use. But I noticed that my battery improved after the Amber update. Also, Amber produces better camera pictures, and a much improved screen.

My 820's original shell is a white one. I badly wanted to replace it, because it's glossy, and I have sweaty hands. Luckily, may nagoffer sakin, tinext lang ako: a wireless charging shell, but also in white. Kinuha ko na kasi desperado na ako. Haha! I also got an original Capdase case in Black, and a non-genuine Speck case, also in Black. But most of the time, my phone's nude (but with a screen protector). Haha! I just keep it in a sleeve.

I'm desperately trying to find a black/cyan wireless charging shell here, pero hanggang ngayon, wala pa din akong makita.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm still considering purchase of an 820 as my 2nd LTE phone (the other is an Xperia V) if I can get it around 9k like my friend did. With LTE on, the Xperia only lasts for hours, so the 820 can't be worse that that I presume.

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

Jeric820PH

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys! Got mine from Globe last July, as a renewal to my postpaid plan.

Yes, sadly, 820's battery life is quite bad. Also, the phone gets quite hot if you play too much games, or use any app that consumes mobile data (especially 4G). I suggest not to put live tiles that updates too much, and check your background applications, block those apps that you do not use. But I noticed that my battery improved after the Amber update. Also, Amber produces better camera pictures, and a much improved screen.

My 820's original shell is a white one. I badly wanted to replace it, because it's glossy, and I have sweaty hands. Luckily, may nagoffer sakin, tinext lang ako: a wireless charging shell, but also in white. Kinuha ko na kasi desperado na ako. Haha! I also got an original Capdase case in Black, and a non-genuine Speck case, also in Black. But most of the time, my phone's nude (but with a screen protector). Haha! I just keep it in a sleeve.

I'm desperately trying to find a black/cyan wireless charging shell here, pero hanggang ngayon, wala pa din akong makita.

Dint know Globe offered the 820..Only saw the 520 and the 920..xD I also got a white cover. I wanted the red one. Another Cons of the white is it gets dirty.. Sad story for me before getting my Zagg shield is the same day I had to process my SS and they need a thumbmark. And me was stupid to touch my phone after a few minutes..and boom! purple thumbprints on the white cover..got some off but not everything was remove. Another thing is the nilkin case im getting tomorrow is red so it's a +1 to me..Btw if youre really desperate and cant find locally..try ebay or expansys.ph( i dont know if expansys have the cyan color) haha..cheers

Jeric820PH

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
hi boss, can you post your case or shiled and actual images?.. I'm planning to buy after a month pag hindi na makinis ang 820 ko.. lol

then, buti ka pa at 11,380 lang bili mo... ako 19k via credit card sa Mall last 2 weeks... may nag offer ng 12k sa online pero malabo ang transaction, tagal mag reply eh... Swak na swak naman talaga ang Lumia 820 compared sa ibang lumia models, 920 na sana ako kaso wala cardslot.. yun lang yun downside eh..

Dont have a camera for it bro.. It's a full wrap except for the 4 round edges..the sides is wrapped aswell. they have a Lifetime warranty (400 pesos for labor for every replacement warranty for whole body ata tong price, mas cheaper if front lng) I'll take a picture of the case when I get it tomorrow. My 2nd plan was also the 920 but it was out of the budget. Could afford it but out of the story na un mga wraps and accessories.. So i sticked with my Plan A which is the 920..xD

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
hi sir where did you bought that case that looks awesome BTW official nokia lumia 820 cases are available on nokia store in sm north (black,white,yellow)

SRP- P1020

imbasaurus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
a fellow dasmarineno here. :)

i'm still thinking if i'll buy a b.new 820 or a 2nd hand lumia 920. i still got next week till i get one.

i have sweaty hands so i think i'm better off with a hard case considering 820's body is glossy.

how's the case? is it matte?

EDIT : how's the screen of 820? is it really that scratch - resistant? i tried checking the screen of demo unit 820 on SM Dasma's Nokia Care on all angles to check if there's a scratch or so, luckily there was not, so is it safe to assume that 820 is indeed sratch resistant? only not branded?

Last edited:

Jeric820PH

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
a fellow dasmarineno here. :)

i'm still thinking if i'll buy a b.new 820 or a 2nd hand lumia 920. i still got next week till i get one.

i have sweaty hands so i think i'm better off with a hard case considering 820's body is glossy.

how's the case? is it matte?

EDIT : how's the screen of 820? is it really that scratch - resistant? i tried checking the screen of demo unit 820 on SM Dasma's Nokia Care on all angles to check if there's a scratch or so, luckily there was not, so is it safe to assume that 820 is indeed sratch resistant? only not branded?

The Case I bought has a texture in the back for extra grip and yes it is matte.😊 And so far the 3 days of my 820 w/o protection didn't give any scratches at all. But would still suggest a screen protector just for extra care.

imbasaurus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The Case I bought has a texture in the back for extra grip and yes it is matte.�� And so far the 3 days of my 820 w/o protection didn't give any scratches at all. But would still suggest a screen protector just for extra care.

thanks mate,

right now i'm still thinking if i'd get a second hand 920 or a b.new 820. :smile:

Jeric820PH

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Depends if the 2nd hand 920 you want to buy is from a relative or someone trustworthy. If not, I'd go with the 820 if that's on your budget. The feeling is still different if you got it new :D

imbasaurus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
it's nearly 7 days before i make my purchase. i still cannot decide whether i'll go with 8x / 820 / or go for the gold (920)

main cons for the HTC 8x is the questionable software support of HTC, lumia 820's "drawback" will be the front cam, screen, battery. as for 920, well, there's budget :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb