Here maps offline download fails on Lumia 820

vjonna

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have problems with downloading offline maps on my lumia 820, after many tries I was able to download maps for two countries.
And there after no luck.
After downloading any map upto 10% it disconnects and throws error message "cannot reach here maps library" please check your internet connection and try after sometime.
Have been receiving this error for past 2 weeks, have been trying this various times in a day and on different network connections.

I guess the problem is with latest Maps and Drive update that was published in july, havent tried to download any maps after this update untill now.

By the way I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall Maps and Drive, it dint help

Muhammad Irfan Arif

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi Vjonna,

i am also facing the same problem since the last update of Nokia Lumia Amber, i have tried to hard set my Nokia 620 and also tried to uninstall and re-install Here Drive & Here Maps, but of no use and when i install the Here Drive it asks for the maps downloads and when i click download now then got the same message "cannot reach here maps library" please check your internet connection or make sure flight mode is turned off and try after sometime" i have checked with nokia UK and myself but of no use. You know before this update maps were working fine but now don't even start both "Here Maps" & Here Drive"................. is there any body who can suggest a solution or Nokia is out and don't know what they are offering and doing................... i am much frustrated with this and whant's to throw out this Nokia Lumia 620.................... no customer service and no global warranty ............... totally time wastage .................

(Please if someone have some solution please share with me so that i can get rid of this problem my e-mail is "irfan_arif18@hotmail.com")

Cristi Vizuroiu

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello Laura,
Do you have any idea on this? I have the same problem on my lumia 920. I had the problem both before and after updating the OS and Here Maps.
I really need a solution soon, cause I need navigation for a trip.
Myself, I use WiFi to download the maps

Giorgio Loi

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here as well. I just bought two lumia, a 520 and a 720, upgraded to Amber and I get the same error: "cannot reach here maps library please check your internet connection or make sure flight mode is turned off and try after sometime". Obviously wifi is enabled and working fine with anything else (IE, mail, ecc).
Please help, thanks

bamol

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Even i am not satisfied with the downloading of maps its stop downloading when the window is minimized or lockscreen
what the use of it when you cant download maps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans