820 "other storage" issue

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got the GDR 2 update. After the update was done I loaded in the Storage program and ran it making sure to click the temporary files icon. Temp files went from 72 to 26mb and Other went from 537 to 467mb. Now lets see if it keeps it there. I also got rid of all my map files that were stored on the memory in the phone and put them on my SD card. Lets hope things stay there.

dwbmb

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have about 1GB in Others. Im SPAMming WP support sice WP7.5, still not fixed. Only way how to free this junk is to reset the phone. Im gonna f**k their as*es for that, its really driving me mad.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Its been two weeks since I got GDR2 and my other storage has been holding around 475, it gets up to 490 or so but then goes back down to 460 or so then climbs back up but never goes over 490 before going back down. Temp files has been holding around 25, again it climbs to 40 or 45 but then goes back down when I clear temp files. I have added several apks and other things but it seems GDR2 does help reduce other storage some and keeps it from increasing. I also moved my maps to my SD card and that helps also. My advice to anyone is get a SD card and use it I put a 64GB in my 820 and it sure is nice. I have several movies on it (I rotate four or five) and they play great off the SD card. Also I use my SD card for pictures and Maps. I have everything I need on my phone and have 4.6GB of free space. Just luckly I guest.

rusty_sim

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Where are you guys checking your "other"?

If I go settings > phone storage, my other is 771 mb
but if I go settings > storage check, my other is only 391 mb

Why is there a difference?

Much appeciated

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The two setting just show storage in a different way. In the storage check it puts some of the other storage in with the app storage (data for apps it is listed with) so you have more app storage and less other storage. I don't use phone storage at all anymore, (except if you want to change your pictures to cloud or SD card). If you get the SysApp Pusher it will allow you to download a beta of the newer storage check that you can pull up as a seperate app and not go through the settings menu. I recommend it; it also allows you to save your maps to a SD card instead of phone memory, again saving phone memory for apps. I highly recommend it. The SysApp Pusher also allows you to download some other special apps that are usefull. Of course you have to have GDR2 to do these things. GDR3 will add even more things including more other storage fixes. But for now I am happy with the results of GDR2.

dwbmb

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I am running GDR3 and there are no any Other Storage fixes that could actually fix Other Storage issue as it is still growing. With GDR3 there is inbuilt storage check submenu in settings (not sure how its really named in english, I am using Czech) which shows acceptable amount of other storage, while showing much more data as a "System" data, which are actually growing so I suppose Microsoft fixed Other Storage by simply hiding it into "System" data. In Nokia Storage Check, there is constant System data size (1,9 Gigs) with Other still growing.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Looks like GDR3 added data to your system files. My 820 has GDR2 and only shows 1.6 Gigs of System. There is a Beta Storage Check that does some extra things the original Storage Check and Phone Storage do not do. Don't know if it is auto added with GDR3. I got it from the SysApp Pusher app. It has helped me at least hold my other storage where it been since I got GDR2, between 460 and 490. It goes up and down; but stays in that range.

ptrkhh

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Good point. Its strange because they have different reading.
In my 820, the GDR3 breakdown is 2 GB for Apps, 141 MB for Mails, 2.6 GB for System, and 167 MB for Temporary.
While the Storage Check breakdown is 1.9 GB for Apps, 119 MB for Mails, 1.9 GB for System, and 975 MB for others.

t1bbsy

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
To fix my nokia 820 with storage full , this is how to fix , make sure you have sd card in, save all friends in people to sd card . then go to settings , then scroll down to (about windows phone)
and Reset phone. This will take phone back to new again , you will have to follow the steps
then to put in you email , direct music photos to sd card. and your fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa