settings take space.

JetfireBlack

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I recently aborted a download of an app on my nokia lumia 820 and suddenly my setting took 1.9 GB of storage and now i can't install anyting, please help.

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

its very easy I had the same problem transferring files and downloading apps.

Just go into settings>storage check and swipe across to details and go down to clear temporary files. Somehow all files and apps downloaded are stored hear as well (Microsoft need to change this, bit of a pain)

Hopefully that will do the trick (I know it's a bit tedious if you are repeatedly downloaded lots of files and apps)

Hope that helps!

:smile:

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes it takes awhile before it will let you clear the temporary files. One trick someone came up with was advancing the date by a month or so on your phone and then going in an trying to clear the temp files. Then going back and setting the date back to the correct one. It does not work all the time; but it has worked for me a time or two. Worth a shot, what do you have to lose? My temp files are holding at 52MB, and my Other storage at about 400mb. Us poor AT&T phone owners still have not received the GDR2 update that is suppose to help this out. I have been with AT&T for the past 8 years; but when my contract runs out I am a gone Pecan. Hope this helps you out. fdalbor

garry bryant

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here any help would be great, also i thought with the latest update we were going to have the option of saving apps and games to external memory. Nokia lumia 820.

I_am_beat

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Here is the tip: IF the temporary files takes too much space (it normally takes 50-100mb) than you have to erase Internet Explorer history. Go: meniu - IE - function (...) - settings - delete history. NOW you can delete your temporary files: ) It should clean this memory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire