Touch issues while/after charging

Ixolite

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So my girlfriend got a brand new 820 today - freshly unpacked from the box. Everything was working fine until she plugged it in to charging.

When the phone is charging (we tried original charger, usb charging from laptop, different cables - same story) there is a thin horizontal line of unresponsive area on the screen - exactly between top and second row of letters in Wordament. It stays there when the phone is unplugged and goes away after reboot. Rebooted it works fine until plugged in to charging.

Any ideas what could it be?

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
That sounds really strange. If you don't get any other alternatives, you could try a hard reset, but that will delete everything on the phone. If that doesn't help it's probably a hardware issue.

Ixolite

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, I guess hardware reset is inevitable if this issue doesn't go away, she won't be happy about it tho :(

The new microSIM card is still not active so there is no cellular connection, not sure if it could make any difference...

EDIT: After all night chargning it now stays for good :/ Well, we'll try the hard reset but I'm afraid it is a hardware fault. Such a let down when brand new toy arrives borked :(

Last edited:

Ixolite

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, it turned out it was a faulty digitiser. They replaced it in like 2 hours.

Strange thing to get a factory packaged device broken like that, but at least we caught it early.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos