Some AVI. and MPEG. files don't work on MicroSD Card 32GB in Nokia Lumia 820

Tomaski

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I've tried uploading AVI files and MPEG files onto my nokia lumia 820. A lot of the files dont work, I fixed the problem with the songs slightly, by (if the album name was 'unknown') I would give it an album name and it would work. However I havn't thought of an idea with the AVi. files. Only about 3 out of 10, songs and videos work.

Any ides?

Thanks,
Tomaski

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Not all AVI files are created equally not all MPEGs are the same there is MPEG I, MPEG II,
are you sure all the music files are supported by WP8 ?

If you drag and drop a video file to the SD card ( 820 have an SD slot) or Phone, WP8 will convert it to a file that works.

Tomaski

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
The music worked when I just played it off the phone, but now I've chosen to save it to SD storage alot of the songs dont work...i just tried what you suggested (dropping the songs on the card directly) but none of the songs worked that time and they werent in an organised order with artists and albums, etc.

Not too sure what else to try...

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If the same tracks/vids work when saved to the internal phone storage rather than the SD card, then the SD card is rubbish/forged/broken/one of the many that Nokia phones just don't like.

I recommend you get a Samsung SD card. Nokia phones seem to like them alot. Mine works fine.

Tomaski

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Okay, now all the songs are working, just deleted them and reloaded them again. I never managed to get the videos (movies) on my phone (so that was just applying to the songs)...but they are still not working fully, ownly about 3 out of the 7 movies work. They are all listed as AVI. files

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Okay, now all the songs are working, just deleted them and reloaded them again. I never managed to get the videos (movies) on my phone (so that was just applying to the songs)...but they are still not working fully, ownly about 3 out of the 7 movies work. They are all listed as AVI. files
I have movies listed as AVI but they all don't work in my PC's Windows Media Player some do but not all, the ones that don't I convert to WMV

Here are the list of music and video files that "officially" work with a WP8. AVI is not one of them .
RE: "What kinds of music and video files can I play?"
Music and videos FAQ | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Tomaski

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I formatted the card and all the songs are still working, but now none of the videos are working...even the one i converted into WMV. Hmmm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05