Your 820 vs. other phones you've used?

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok. So you have an 820 but what was your previous phone? Did you come from an iPhone, Android, etc?? I have a question, what do you miss from your old phone that the 820 doesn't do as well or that Windows 8 doesn't do as well?

I came from an IPhone 4S and I would say that there are two things I miss that I just don' think Windows 8 does as well as IOS.

First is notifications. I miss the badge notifications that would come through even when the phone was locked and dark and the notification center on the IPhone.

Second is apps, but not the way most people think. I find all the apps I need on my Windows Phone, but I just don't think the build quality is always as good as they are in IOS. They can occasionally feel lighter or a bit clunkier then their IOS versions.

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I came from a blackberry 8520 and before that I had a N65 slide I have to say WP8 store needs to expand its apps and Microsoft need to get more social apps to come to the store [I know Instagram, Vine and Flipboard are coming] But we need stuff like Snapchat and all the other popular apps/games on iOS and Android.

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Before the 820 I has a Samsung Focus (WP7). I truly liked the Focus, but upgraded to 820 because of WP8. I wish the Focus was upgradeable to WP8.

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Ive got the unofficial client its terrible the maker doesnt care about it and hasnt updated it in ages to fix signin issues.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I came from a mid 2000's LG feature phone, so it was quite the large tech jump. Except for the fact that even my almost decade old phone flashes a blue led if there's a missed call/txt, quite handy.

And with Windows Phone...no way of knowing that's the case without turning the screen on. I do wish Microsoft/Nokia would do something soon about 'external' notifications as it were. I'd prefer a multi-colour led so we can set a colour to a contact but i'd settle for a blinking Windows Flag in the meantime.

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Woodrow Wong

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Switched from Samsung galaxy nexus.

I only use my phone to make calls, Facebook, light web browsing, sms/whatsapp, email checking/quick reply, some games.

My 820 could do it all and provide a better user experience in extra. Smoother(not faster), prettier, and the phone is more solid when holding it.
Android compare to wp8 is more functional just due to android app amount available, when there are more wp8 apps coming, I don't see any big reason to choose android instead of wp8.

One more thing, which is the only thing lacking(not missing) on my 820 at the time I bought it, is playing games, I used to love playing beach blitz, candy crush etc.

I think all of them are start making for wp8 as wp is rising.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I looked long and hard before I got the 820. I used a LG before and it was a good phone but I prefer the 820. I choose it over the 920 because it has (the same insides), SD card slot, removeable battery, nice sized screen but the phone is over a 1/2 inch smaller, camera is not as nice, but it is quite capable. I am very surprised that Nokia (Microsoft) has not come out with a upgrade to the 800 line of smart phones. They keep up grading the 900 series, 600 series and 500 series; but nothing in the 800 and 700. While I realize the 500 series is the breadwinner now some new 800 series would round out the lineup and give customers more options. I was looking at the 925 as a upgrade; but the only one available on AT&T is a 16GB version with no SD slot and no removeable battery. I'll stay with the 820 until they make something more versatile like the 820 is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes