Lumia 820 replacement digitizers

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I just contacted replacebase.co.uk about their backorder status. There is a disclaimer on their website that they get them from a US supplier and they are AT&T branded, but they should work with other country variants.

Their response is that they use suppliers from around the world. They have been monitoring all of their suppliers and haven't seen any original parts for weeks. They warned that anyone claiming to have "original" parts at the moment likely has copies from China because they are having such difficulty finding any legitimate suppliers.

vitkoxy

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had a bad experience with them - the digitisers were working but were obviously not original. I've been sent a replacement which was also fake. See this thread I've made for pics:
forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-820/264267-lumia-820-replacement-digitiser-issues.html

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Last week I ordered another replacement digitizer from ETrade Supply|iPhone Parts|Cell Phone Parts|iPhone 4S Parts|iphone 5 parts|Mobile Phone Parts. Their website listed digitizers with AT&T branding or without carrier branding (only Nokia logo) and each version with or without front housing installed. They are currently out of stock on all AT&T branded digitizers for the 820.

I ordered one with the front housing installed. I don't know how to check the authenticity of the digitizer, but this resolved the issue I was having with "phantom touches" and the digitizer not working properly when a Ballistic Every1 case was installed. One thought I had is that possibly the adhesive used to attach the glass to the housing was interfering with the digitizer's functionality. That is why I opted to purchase the digitizer with the front housing already installed this time.

Dominic Watts

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Just to help me be clear. Is there a difference between digitizer and screen? I have cracked two, what I thought were screens, now and simply gone on to ebay to buy a new Lumia 820. The glass on the top of the phone has not cracked but it is the stuff underneath.
I had assumed that the digitizer was the top layer and the screen is what is beneath. Is it simply a case of replacing the top layer and then all will work again?

If so, that would be great because it's cheaper than getting a new phone and I have two broken models at home that I can fix with a new digitizer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos