Another broken screen!

Dainaar

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
image.jpg

Absolutely gutted.

I dropped my phone for the umpteenth time today, and now it has a crack along the top of the screen, as you can hopefully see. This doesn't appear to be on the surface of the screen glass. The display is dead, but I can answer calls if I poke the screen in the right place, so I assume the touchscreen part is fine.

My question is what do I need to buy to replace it? Is this it?

If not, what? And would it be relatively easy to do myself?

Sorry if this seems dense, I've never broken a screen before!

Thanks guys.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you can, hate it repaired. If not, replace the entire screen. Much easier than having to separate the screen and the touch sensors. And, no, it ain't easy. At least for me.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
sorry to hear that your screen cracked, unfortunately you have both the LCD and the touch(digitizer) broken, but your digitizer is still working.
the item in the link you posted is the digitizer only and not both (LCD + digitizer). In your case you can't replace the lcd only because the digitizer is glued to lcd and it will break when you peal them apart since it is cracked. but you can replace it by yourself!
check this link for parts. you can also find them on ebay.

hopes this helps you

Dainaar

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies.
Nokia are only charging ?90 for the repair so that seems like the best way to go. I checked out a video and there is absolutely no way I could do it myself anyway!

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My brother had the same thing happen to his Galaxy S3. He got the parts from Amazon and he replaced it himself. But to be honest I would not even attempt it. He is a bit of a daredevil and his works like a charm now. So it is possible, but as he would say "It aint easy".

Phillip Ankerson

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I would not buy the parts from the parts4repair link posted. I just went through this. The part worked ok (ok, but NOT like the original). But here is the bad part. Once I installed the recent "Amber" update, the display doesn't work at all. I am hearing that this is because the replacement part is not Nokia. But I am not sure. Even so, until I am sure, I would go through the effort and expense using these parts. My phone is bricked. Please let us know what your outcome is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720